PR wax and Deo wax heater nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyWurly1986

Reaction score
Hi,

hope you can advise. I have a 500cc digital Deo wax heater and used PR intimate 4 today to wax a friend. I put the hot wax into an empty bucket which went into the wax heater. The bucket wasn't full of the hot wax, probably 2/3rds full. I set it at 55 degrees and used fast heat to get it there quickly and had the lid on while it was heating up. It was a nightmare at 55, really thick, gloopy and was setting on the scraper bar so is all stuck around that now too. I tried the wax at 57, it felt far too hot but the consistency seemed better, I had to drop the temp down to 55 again as it was too hot on 56 & 57. The same problem happened at 55 again though, it was way too thick and stringy, made waxing impossible really.

I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if the wax pot is duff?

Appreciate any advice.

I have the deo heater and use PR wax. I find you need to have the temperature at about 67 and dont use the fast heat function. Everytime i have used the fast heat function it has made the wax go all yukky. I thought that 67 was too high for the wax, but it works and its not too hot for the client.

I have the deo heater and use PR wax. I find you need to have the temperature at about 67 and dont use the fast heat function. Everytime i have used the fast heat function it has made the wax go all yukky. I thought that 67 was too high for the wax, but it works and its not too hot for the client.

How long does it take to get to working temperature if not using fast heat? The other day I put it to 67 but used fast heat prior and when I checked the wax on my arm it burnt me. I then dropped it to 65 and it just started to slowly congeal and stick to the scraper bar. It's really let me down and they're not cheap!
I'm pretty fed up with this heater and I'm looking at getting a Hive which I wish I'd have got in the first place.

It takes about 45 mins to get it to working temp. I tend to leave it alone for the first 30 mins or so then give it a stir. I have found this works best. It is a bit of a pain if i have an early client but its how i have managed to get it to work. I was all for getting rid of the heater at first but i am glad i have played around to get it to work for me. I hope you can get it to work xx

I'm having the same issue but with the hive double!

Can't comment on heater as I use Hive digitalis but I hear on high once but I do this hours before work so wax is st the right temp. I use Blue and Homme on 54/55 but used intimate 4 for over a year at the same temp. It takes a long time to get the temp right, a few hours.

Latest posts

Back