Pre bonded extension advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiesBB

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a qualified beauty geek who has today had her first set of hair extensions and I'm loving them.

However I'm freaking out a little and probably reading things on the internet I shouldn't be.

My head is feeling a little tight in places and I had abit of a headache earlier from it which has sort of eased off now. I was wondering if it was the hair extensions so decided to.do some research.....worst.decision ever!! I'm now freaking out about bleeding bald scalps because of pre bonded extensions.

My extentionist was good, she's qualified and insured and came recommended by a client of mine who has the micro ring.extensions by her also.

She decided to.use pre.bonded on me as my hair is incredibly short and she said this would be better for me.

I think because this is an area I have no experience in it's making me freak.

Would appreciate being told if I'm freaking over nothing and little tips looking after pre bonded extensions and more importantly my natural hair xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are a million horror stories on the net! The only way to determine if your extensions are fitted well and are safe in your head is to have a look. Can you post some pics of the bonds please?
They shouldnt feel tight. Too much tension can lead to traction alopecia, however, if this is your first set, they may feel heavy to begin with until you get used to them.
The hair in the bond should be the same amount as the extension - meaning a 1g bond shouldnt be held on by 5 strands of hair. again, pictures will help determine if all is well here.
Have you had them in long? Ususally they feel better after the first wash, and can sometimes feel a little itchy before this. Nothing to worry about.
All in all, if she comes recommended and she is insured, Im sure all is fine but if youre panicing and want someone to take a look then post a pic
xxx

I've attached a photo. I think they just feel strange more than sore. I've only had them put in today x

Attachments

• 1383607119569.jpg
    1383607119569.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 185
Another picture if needed xx

Attachments

• 1383607308962.jpg
    1383607308962.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 173
I don't know how good the pictures are but my scalp doesn't look pink or sore. It's just if I press down on where the bond is it feels a little tender. Hard to.explain really but it's not painful lol

I don't know how good the pictures are but my scalp doesn't look pink or sore. It's just if I press down on where the bond is it feels a little tender. Hard to.explain really but it's not painful lol

This should just be your scalp getting used to having extra weight on it. Generally extensions can feel slightly uncomfortable for up to a week. If they are just a bit uncomfortable at the moment you should be ok. It's hard to tell from the pictures if they are too close.

It was hard taking the photo myself lol ok I'll see how they go.over the next week. I've been a good girl and purchased a tangle teazer, tre semme kerretin shampoo and conditioner and heat protection spray so hopefully I'm on the right track. Thank you xx

It was hard taking the photo myself lol ok I'll see how they go.over the next week. I've been a good girl and purchased a tangle teazer, tre semme kerretin shampoo and conditioner and heat protection spray so hopefully I'm on the right track. Thank you xx

I believe the tresemme range isn't good for extensions, you need to check the ingredients and make sure it doesn't contain sulphate. These can break the bonds down and make them sticky.

When I had bonded ones in myself it took about a week to get used to, especially when sleeping! But check your scalp daily and make sure there is no redness or swelling. X

Yep i.purchased the low.sulphate one. I'm literally just finding out how uncomfortable they are to sleep in at the moment lol should be a fun night lol xx

You should be fine after a week. They do look a little close but not too bad. It's probably the extra weight and your head will get used to it. Also check the shampoo etc contains no nasties as Jo said sulphate and bad alcohols etc (some alcohols in shampoo's etc are fine if you do a google search there will be lists what to look out for) don't pull and tug on your bonds too much as remember they are attached to your natural hair lol :) xx

you have both been great,.thank you. And.I managed to.sleep in them.and.the.discomfort had.also.settled xx

you have both been great,.thank you. And.I managed to.sleep in them.and.the.discomfort had.also.settled xx

So glad to hear it! I miss my extensions! Lol!

You should be ok after a few days to a week, if you have never had extensions before it is a bit of a shock. They do look a little close to the scalp for my liking but not as close as I have seen before.

Its really worth investing in some extension shampoo and conditioner, high street brands contain way too much alcohol and sulphates.

I always include it in my extension packages to ensure the client is using the right thing. If you cant find a supplier I am pretty sure your technician should be able to help you find some if she doesnt stock it herself.

Hope they settle for you :)

Thank you ladies I feel better about it already xx

Hi VickiesBB,

We are based in Kent, if you are still having trouble with them we would be more than happy to take a look at them for you if you are around the Canterbury area. We have qualified technicians in house who will be able to assess them for you.

Kind Regards

That is very kind d you, thank you. Strange but they don't feel.as tight tbh day so maybe my head is getting used to them. Will keep an eye on them and will be straight down if I begin to panic.

Just out if curiosity what shampoo/conditioners would you lovely professionals recommend for them? Xx

Thats great to hear, often they can take a couple of days to settle in, and given that they are easing, within a couple of days your hair should feel like normal again.

In terms of shampoos and conditions, you will need to look for something that is nice and mild, and gentle on the extensions. Preferably you would also want the shampoo to be sulphate free. We stock a range of after-care products suitable for our hair extensions which are mild, however you might want to check with your own technician to see what she recommends, as there are so many different high street shampoos available she may be able to tell you what her other clients use and get on well with.

Kind Regards

The ones that she advised were:

Tre semme kerretin shampoo as it's lower in sulphate and tigi also do a similar range. I looked for a sulphate free one today but couldn't find one xx

The ones that she advised were:

Tre semme kerretin shampoo as it's lower in sulphate and tigi also do a similar range. I looked for a sulphate free one today but couldn't find one xx

No no no no no. Throw away the tresemme!!! Please! That was very poor advice. Get some Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner. Pricey but it last months and keeps extensions really healthy and soft.
ZERO SULPHATE.
I used it on my extensions for years. It's shamazeballs.
Xxxx

Ooh ok I'll order some right now xx

Latest posts

Back