Pre-bonded hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xmissccx

Reaction score
I’ve recently started doing pre bonded hair extensions, I’ve had them done myself a few times and decided I’d be able to do it myself to make a bit of extra cash. I’m not qualified or trained, I’ve learnt how to do it myself and had friends asking to do their hair and they’ve loved it. I was just wondering do you have to be insured or anything like that? Or is that just a bonus so people have more trust in you etc? I have all the right equipment, gun, discs, remover, pliers! Also i know it can be quite expensive to have them done, what sort of price can you charge if your not qualified? Hope you can help, be nice for a bit of advice! thanks! :Love:

Is this for real?

You cannot do a professional job with no training, qualifications and insurance!

You must be trained and insured!!

Yeah it is for real, there is so a lot of people in my area that do it also they have all the equipment but just never been trained! I've never charged my friends for it but people do adnd thats why i wanted to ask these questions! thanks

As incredible as the question might be, advice would be to go on a course and get trained properly.

Then get insurance.

Then practice a lot.

Then consider charging people money.

I suspect that what you will actually do is ignore all the above and continue as you are.

I think surgeons make good money....I might have a bash at that

.....no pilot, I think a pilot how hard can it be? there must be some you tube videos

Someone please get this thread closed I'm sorry I'm sure you think you do a good job but this is really disrespectful to all the qualified people who spend money on training you might well be able to fit them but you won't have knowledge and it's all good fitting friends but if you go out into the real client world you will get eaten alive !so please stop putting people's hair at risk thes a lot to know about extensions than I fit them and my friends love them x

Haha dont think there is any need for the sarcasm, very childish. As i said a lot of people do it, not professional and not a business, just for friends/family who dont want to pay hundreds of pounds for extensions when they can get just as good for less off someone else who can do a good job.

This thread wasnt to cause any offence at all! I understand what your saying i wad only asking, ive dne my own and my hair is fine! It wasn't aimed at going out into the 'client' world thats not what i asked. If i wanted my own business i would obviously be trained qualified and insured this was just for friends from a personal experience as A LOT of people do it in my area and i wanted to know the ins and outs.

If you are really qualified in nails and lashes you will realise how ridiculous that sound, do you understand about maintenance? Aftercare? Rolling techniques? Removing?troubleshooting when problems occur?cutting and blending the hair? Sorry to sound rude but I just can't believe you think this is ok if you continue to do this then stick with friends and family who know you aren't qualified x

Ok, no problem just wanted to find out as that is what people do, friends do other friends hair, obviously its more safer to go to someone who is qualified but they take the risk. There is people that do nails/lashes who aren't qualified aswell sorry to say!

Qualifications do not make you better at applying or maintaining extensions, a friend of mine hasn't got a single qualification and has been fitting extensions for years, not jst for friends he has worked in salons all over and has lots of celeb, w.a.g clients, he has also just landed a job on a major tv series, without any qualifications, just lots of experience.

Haha dont think there is any need for the sarcasm, very childish. As i said a lot of people do it, not professional and not a business, just for friends/family who dont want to pay hundreds of pounds for extensions when they can get just as good for less off someone else who can do a good job.

....when they can get just as good a job for less? I'm sorry but if you are self taught then they are not getting as good for less, ...and friends/family would still be mighty upset i suspect if you caused considerable damage to their hair because you dont know what you are doing

Qualifications do not make you better at applying or maintaining extensions, a friend of mine hasn't got a single qualification and has been fitting extensions for years, not jst for friends he has worked in salons all over and has lots of celeb, w.a.g clients, he has also just landed a job on a major tv series, without any qualifications, just lots of experience.

Oh good god it just gets better!

Oh good god it just gets better!

I am just stating a fact to you, obviously a training provider is going to disagree but it's the truth, he has worked on pirates of the Caribbean, war horse, all without any formal qualifications.

thank you :)

Good for him, just pity the people he left in his wake until he became experienced.

And it frankly shows a lack of respect for clients, and borders on arrogance that somebody thinks they can just start doing something without the training because they have 'flair' or a 'natural ability' - where does this type of thinking end? Is it OK because its 'just' hair, or nails, or eyelashes?

I'm doing my pre bonding training corse wen in back from my hols in 3weeks time
Costing me just over £300 with vat
I have been a hairdresser for 7 yrs
I wouldn't Dream of offering this service with out doing my correct training first
I obviously know how it's done and could prob do it
But i wouldn't dream of going out and charging people for this service
Without proof of my cert and insurance!
It's a joke 2 think I'm about 2 pay all that money 2 do the corse And I'm actually a hairdresser
Then u get people that think it's of ok to just go at alone with no training and actually think they know wot there doing!
The basics mayb yes, but like the other opps have sed there is a lot more 2 it than u think

If u r only working on family n friends y r u talking about insurance n stuff
I wouldn't even get insured if u have got ur Certs anyway!

U have 2 b a professional!

U should no this being in beauty!

o m g im with Shannonjo are you for real!

IF YOU ARE DOING HAIR EXTENSIONS YOU NEED TRAINING what if something goes wrong and someones hair all falls out? u might think its extreme but it really isnt that hard for it to happen with poorly fitted extensions - watching a you tube video does not qualify you enough to do some ones hair you need to know all about how the hair grows, contra-indications, application, its not just about glueing them in!

if you are serious and want a career in extensions THEN DO THE CORRECT TRAINING AND GET INSURANCE

:mad:

If your not qualified or have insurance and you wreck someone's hair what you going to do?
When they take you to court and sue you for every penny! What's your back up?
Are you trained, no! Do you have insurance, no! So answer is no just don't bother!

This proves my opinion that no supplier should sell professional extensions unless they see a copy of a training certificate and qualification first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back