Pre pig advice using Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraB81

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
I have a client who has all over very blonde hair which isn't in the best of condition at the mo. Her natural base is around a 5 and we have been colouring her hair with lots of bleach highlights and L'Oréal 901s all over tint for sometime . She would like to go back to her natural colour , and would like the brown to be a rich chocolate shade .
So I know I will need to pre fill the hair before applying the desired shade . I will be using wella and I am mobile so don't have perfecton.
Would it be a good idea to use a red/gold colour touch first to pre fill , then shampoo this off and apply the desired colour ? I am thinking colour touch 5/75 & 5/0 ? Or would a 6 base be better ?
Can someone please advise on whether this would be a good plan? Also is 1.9% ok?
It's been a while since I have done a change like this and just wanted to double check !

Hello :) I don't use wella, I use L'Oréal. But here's the pre pig chart for this system it might help :) if she wants it warm I'd go for a copper 6 maybe?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487238102.976406.jpg

Sorry I can't be anymore help!

Hi guys ,
I have a client who has all over very blonde hair which isn't in the best of condition at the mo. Her natural base is around a 5 and we have been colouring her hair with lots of bleach highlights and L'Oréal 901s all over tint for sometime . She would like to go back to her natural colour , and would like the brown to be a rich chocolate shade .
So I know I will need to pre fill the hair before applying the desired shade . I will be using wella and I am mobile so don't have perfecton.
Would it be a good idea to use a red/gold colour touch first to pre fill , then shampoo this off and apply the desired colour ? I am thinking colour touch 5/75 & 5/0 ? Or would a 6 base be better ?
Can someone please advise on whether this would be a good plan? Also is 1.9% ok?
It's been a while since I have done a change like this and just wanted to double check !
You can use 5/75 or 5/73 or even a 6/73 I wouldn't use a 5/0 it'll still be way too flat! , may even be worth putting something even warmer on it like 6/47 and always use 1.9%for depositing colour, hope this helps

Hi thanks for your replies :) I wasn't planning on using the 5/0 alone , I was thinking of adding it to the warmer colour to give it a bit of staying power so like 3/4 of 5/75 and 1/4 5/0?
I think a copper brown would be too warm for my clients taste although I think it would suit her [emoji51]

Would you try going in with a colour fresh? I know when I was doing my friends hair from blonde to red , I pre pig with the 7/43 on wet hair and then blasted it dry then popped the red on it was perfect, I'm mobile aswel I can't think of the shades off hand but would save you having to put colour touch on , you wouldn't need to shampoo it off.

I have realised my wholesaler does stock perfecton. So my plan is to use /43 perfecton to pre pig . Then I'm going for 5/73 colour touch . I hope it covers ok [emoji18]

Latest posts

Back