Pre-pigmentation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iaain_123

Reaction score
Can i pre-pigment with a semi permanent shampoo in red or golden blonde shade to grab onto the full head bleach of my client then put a natural level 8 on top of that? Her bleached hair is too damaged to take two permanent colours to go darker.
Thanks

hi there

Yes you could use the semi permanent shampoo, another idea is to use a coloured mousse. I would use indola coloured mousse in gold,

wash hair, no conditioner, then towel dry a little, then section hair as if doing full head tint, but apply mousseusing to roots, mid lengths and ends using a tint brush to get it all, comb through and massage in, then dry the hair, to set the pre-pig in, then apply the permanent tint in the usual way..
I normally go by this rule:

pre-pig gold for base req 7-10
pre-pig copper for base req 6 -4
pre-pig red for base 3-1

of course the semi shampoo will prob be fine, but just make sure you dry it in, then apply the permanent base 8.

Hope this has helped, also i would not use a flat 8, i'd use something with another tone in too, just so you don't get a really flat colour, but is totally up to you,

Nicola

hOW bleached is her hair? if its golden you should be able to go over it in a wella 8.7 without pre -pigging . if its whiter then try a semi of something like 9.7( not sure if this still exists , but you should be able to mix it) then you can get an idea of how its going to grab and hold as well as providing a base for something darker

Whenever I have a pre pig situation I always use the same method and it has never let me down. This also works on the most knackered of hair.

Spray the entire head with a porosity balancer and dry it in. Choose the correct pre-pig shade. nixxxminxx39 was spot on with her levels. I use a mousse. I actually don't like indola as they have metallic salts in them. I use Schwarzkopf.

Then go in with your target shade, with a touch of target base and 3%.

Once the have got a decent shampoo, my clients colour normally stays at least 6 weeks. :)

Whenever I have a pre pig situation I always use the same method and it has never let me down. This also works on the most knackered of hair.

Spray the entire head with a porosity balancer and dry it in. Choose the correct pre-pig shade. nixxxminxx39 was spot on with her levels. I use a mousse. I actually don't like indola as they have metallic salts in them. I use Schwarzkopf.

Then go in with your target shade, with a touch of target base and 3%.

Once the have got a decent shampoo, my clients colour normally stays at least 6 weeks. :)

this is exactly how i do it...squirt your pre pig mousse into a tint bowl and apply with a tint brush...you may find you use a lot especially if the hair is quite porous..but the equalise/balance helps alot with this..then i use my hands to get a good bit of mousse through the ends . this is how i do it..then 1/2 base 1/2 base and tone with 3%h2o2

As I have never uses coloured mouse to pre-pig. does anyone know if I can use red coloured mousse on to white hair (only in the front as back is darker) before adding the darget shade of 77/0 (koleston perfect)
Thanks

Can i pre-pigment with a semi permanent shampoo in red or golden blonde shade to grab onto the full head bleach of my client then put a natural level 8 on top of that? Her bleached hair is too damaged to take two permanent colours to go darker.
Thanks

I used a product called quickpig made by affinage and its similar to the above posts, but its a spray in either yellow orange or red with a built in porosity equaliser so its much quicker than drying in and you literally spray it all over the hair and put the chosen colour straight over the top :)
you can get it in gel form for highlighting and smaller sections of colour, brilliant stuff!

i'm need some advice. next week i am having a bleach wash as my hair is to dark to dye red, they are using wella koleston 66/46. i also wanted to have red hair extensions, but i can't find the colour i am looking for, so i was told to get a medium blonde hair extensions i need the same colour, but was told to prepigment them, what colour would i have to prepig them before i dye them the colour i want them? HELP ME PLEASE!

i'm need some advice. next week i am having a bleach wash as my hair is to dark to dye red, they are using wella koleston 66/46. i also wanted to have red hair extensions, but i can't find the colour i am looking for, so i was told to get a medium blonde hair extensions i need the same colour, but was told to prepigment them, what colour would i have to prepig them before i dye them the colour i want them? HELP ME PLEASE!

Are you a professional hairdresser?

i am currently studying level one hairdressing at college, i kind of understand things, but not sure on what colour is needed to add the pigments back in.

I used a product called quickpig made by affinage and its similar to the above posts, but its a spray in either yellow orange or red with a built in porosity equaliser so its much quicker than drying in and you literally spray it all over the hair and put the chosen colour straight over the top :)
you can get it in gel form for highlighting and smaller sections of colour, brilliant stuff!

Hey where do you get this from? sounds ace! We do loads of pre pigmenting at our salon, but usually use matrix sync....Ive used mousse a few times before on knackered hair too, but this stuff sounds great :)
xx

Hey where do you get this from? sounds ace! We do loads of pre pigmenting at our salon, but usually use matrix sync....Ive used mousse a few times before on knackered hair too, but this stuff sounds great :)
xx

Sync is better than quick pig I tried it a few times x

Sync is better than quick pig I tried it a few times x
Yeah the one step colour back system is spot on, but If youre using So colour, you have to pre pig first. Does the quick pig not "pig" enough then? x

Yeah the one step colour back system is spot on, but If youre using So colour, you have to pre pig first. Does the quick pig not "pig" enough then? x

Sync have most of the same colours, maybe sync first them do a socolor a few weeks later, it ok but the results were patchy sometimes compared to how good sync covers x

Sync have most of the same colours, maybe sync first them do a socolor a few weeks later, it ok but the results were patchy sometimes compared to how good sync covers x

cool thanks x

Latest posts

Back