Price increase advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I’m a bit confused. I thought feb as January people are strapped for cash

Regular clients still get hair/nails/tan etc done in January so why wait to February? As someone else said, don't undersell yourself. I'd start from the beginning of 2018. Don't feel like you need to keep your prices low to please customers, if they want the treatment, they'll pay for it. I know when I had my nails done it never bothered me when there was a price increase because I wanted my nails done. Same with my hair, my hairdresser increased prices this year but because I'm happy with the service, I really don't mind. Don't overthink it too much :)

Regular clients still get hair/nails/tan etc done in January so why wait to February? As someone else said, don't undersell yourself. I'd start from the beginning of 2018. Don't feel like you need to keep your prices low to please customers, if they want the treatment, they'll pay for it. I know when I had my nails done it never bothered me when there was a price increase because I wanted my nails done. Same with my hair, my hairdresser increased prices this year but because I'm happy with the service, I really don't mind. Don't overthink it too much :)

That’s true thank you! Silly question but how do I work out how much each treatment costs? I never worked it out, I know that’s bad of me

If you have time I would increase start of the year - that way its like a fresh start.

You need to work out how much it costs you to do each treatment. I remember being shocked at how much a pedicure actually costs me so you do really need to know this info. Rather than deciding whether or not to increase everything by £5, you need to look at each treatment individually.

Also look around to see what other people charge in your area. When I first started out I did not lower my worth just because I was new. I did an introductory offer but otherwise my prices were in line with other local established therapists who did similar treatments and used similar brands to myself.

You've not said how busy you are, but at only 4 months in (forgive me for making assumptions) I would say that it would be easier to significantly increase your prices now rather than further down the line when you have even more loyal clientele.

Latest posts

Back