Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivone

Reaction score
I'm based within a fitness gym, and although there are 'some' women here there is still more men.
I have 3 regulars - 2 men (having waxing and massages) and 1 woman (having spray tan), I'm trying to entice some of the other women here but I have heard the comment of 'your dearer than my local salon'.

I am dearer than the only other beautician (within a hairdressers down the road) as she only charged £7 for a manicure and £10 for a luxury facial (how can I compete with that?) also some of the salons in neighbouring towns are a £1/£2/£3 cheaper than me and they use professional products like OPI and Eve Taylor how can I compete?

Is it worth dropping my prices as I think maybe to get more people through the door on a regular basis at a cheaper price may be better than waiting for the odd client to turn up for the expensive cost, what do you think.

Check out my website if you want to check out my prices...
Treatments

I'm thinking for example to reduce prices on the Hands & Feet to:

File and Polish was £8.00 reduce to £7.00
Manicure was £15.00 reduce to £12.50
Pedicure was £18.00 reduce to £15.00

On the Eyes to:

EB Shapewas £7.50 reduce to £5.00
EB Tint was £9.50 reduce to £7.00
EL Tint was £12.50 reduce to £9.50

On the Waxing to:

Lip/Chin/EB was £7.50 reduce to £5.00
Bikini/UA was £9.00 reduce to £8.00
½ leg was £14.00 reduce to £12.50
Full Leg was £24.00 reduce to £22.00

Please, Please give me some advise ASAP - I'm desperate to do more leaflets and I might put on that there is a price slash!

Are you quite a new business? How about doing some special offers to entice people in?Just in July, Summer Special, Men's Monthly

Maybe focus on men or on treatments to enhance the benefits of the gym.

If you don't want to put your prices down, then don't. Try writing everything down and see how you compare to local prices, how much you make per treatment or if you think you would be better off with more clients for less profit per treatment.

Good Luck x

Ive had a look at your website and your prices seem reasonable to me, although I did think your facial seemed to be priced quite high yet there is no mention of which brand you use ?

The prices you have mentioned above from your competitor do seem very low and I think rather than get into a price war you need to target a different set of clients rather than go for the ones that pay bargain basement prices as these are the very clients that have no loyalty and will go to whoever is cheapest.

Are you targeting mainly gym clients or local residents, workers etc ? I would consider offering the gym members a discount, most of the health clubs round here offer all their members a 10/15 % discount in the spa.

Its not always the price that entices clients in. I get a lot of new clients due to the fact I am one of the few salons that offers parking so I always promote that in advertising. Id rather pay extra for a treatment at a salon that has free parking than leave the house 20mins early to drive round town looking for a space that i have to pay for.

Have you done much advertising ?

Latest posts

Back