Pricing for make up services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emcmillan

Reaction score
Hi everyone - i am just in the process of setting up and creating a website as a MUA and im looking at a pricing structure for make up.

My thoughts were £25-£30 for a trial, £50 for the day for a bride
£30 for a bridesmaid/MOB/MOG etc
and for occasion make up Prom/Races etc around £25/£30

BUT im now thinking for brides if i do a trial im using all my make up and probably more due to bridal mind changes (ha!) and then what if i give away my trade secrets and they dont book!
Should i discriminate against brides as normal make up would only be £25/£30 and i would probably use more on someone going out than a natural bride!!

ALSO do i state a time limit?!!! what if the bride wishes 10 changes in one trial or evening makeup wish more added etc that eats into my time and budget - how do you manage your clients basically but at the same time giving them what they want!

Suggestions would be gratefully received to help me make up my mind!

Yeh, I know exactly what you mean!

I am thinking about puting my prices up, but at the moment its £20 for day/evening and £35 for special occasion plus trial. I have that as standard.

My task for this week is to research prices in the area and see whats reasonable as I do think my prices are too low.

I'm still undecided as to whether or not to have different prices for brides, everyone else seems to, but I just keep thinking that when I got married - it seemed like people heard 'wedding' and then shifted the decimal point a space to the right! It drove me insane!

Latest posts

Back