Pro Beauty 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must say excel is my best show yet! Loving Kelly's stiletto nails on CND stand she is fabulous! Didn't queue tho I will be patient till Tuesday! But got lots of lovely things x

The queues wont be anything like as bad tomorrow. I wouldn't "give it a miss" if I were you! :lol: Plenty of reasons why people are prepared to queue. ;)

Holly wasn't there this year .. but we had the fantastic Wee Fee Wallace from TEAM CND who was demoing all day and she is equally amazing. No Divas at CND .. they are ALL stupendous and very approachable and each one is as wonderful in their own individual way as another ... A very unique group and the envy of all.

That's one thing I really truly love about S2/CND. No snootiness, no bitchiness, everyone is approachable, sincerely friendly and no one (not even the Sweets, and they kind of deserve to be ;o) are on a pedestal, you can just walk up to them and ask a question and never feel stupid. I've done many different jobs in my time from Sales to Train Driving, but never have I come across such a pleasant lack of Ego's. I love that, it give me total, unfailing trust in the brand and training. I have finally found my niche! Xx

What a day - loved it! Got all my CND bits - I queued for nearly 2 hrs but I knew this would happen! I came prepared with snacks and my kindle!!

Great time a the Professional Beauty show today!

Waited in the sS queue for one and half hour, but well worth the wait!

Got all my goodies, spent a fortune 😀

Mr & Mrs Sweet hands on and smiling at all customers, excellent customer service which make you want to go back for more & more.

Loved it!

I'm recovering from being really poorly so had decided not to go but now you are all making me want to go!! Lol. Could someone pm me the deals that S2 had....that will be the decision maker for me ;) X

As is always the case - the q yesterday for s2 at around 4pm was so small it didn't get off the stand. Some excellent offers - but I didn't take advantage.

The show in general was packed! Was awesome to see Lynne and the Calla team, Eve Taylor was manic too, and the new products from Outback Organics seemed to be flying out! For once it was nice to be at the show as a visitor and have a chance to chat with companies and people.

And it's good to see that the organisers now bundle all the stands that I think have no place at a Professionals only Trade Show in one area so they could be easily avoided.

As is always the case - the q yesterday for s2 at around 4pm was so small it didn't get off the stand. Some excellent offers - but I didn't take advantage.

The show in general was packed! Was awesome to see Lynne and the Calla team, Eve Taylor was manic too, and the new products from Outback Organics seemed to be flying out! For once it was nice to be at the show as a visitor and have a chance to chat with companies and people.

And it's good to see that the organisers now bundle all the stands that I think have no place at a Professionals only Trade Show in one area so they could be easily avoided.

I actually noticed this - we were wandering around and my daughter said "Oh I think this is all the c***" and we wandered off!!! Great to meet Lynne and Alex at Calla at last. IIAA talk was great, but couldn't do with the queues - came home and missed the short queue at S2. Never mind!!!

Well, after being to 3 shows now this is the first time I braved the S2 queue. We joined it at 4.02pm and we were served and had our goodies in hand by 4.13pm!! When we arrived the queue was huuuuuuge.

I didnt realise S2 did show deals, so even got a bargian! I came home with more than I went for but I am in love with the new 5 colours and additives.

The staff on S2 were amazing, even though they were rushed off their feet they were flustered, the man that served me was lovely. I wouldnt have any recomendations to improve the service I recieved.

I love the beauty shows sooo much.

I had the most amazing time yesterday. I bought everything I wanted, and possibly a little bit more. I saw everything I wanted to research, met some lovely people. I loved every minute. Having said that, it was packed, and everywhere was busy, there were many queues and you had to be really focussed.

I'm not convinced that non-pro's would have success at this show. Would someone really queue to buy the new Shellac colours? They'd have to visit every show to build their collection, because the whole range isn't on sale - lamps weren't being sold yesterday.

As for space, when will organisers learn? Which stand generated the queues and the traffic? Sweetsquared. Not their fault. They sell great products, debut them at the show, offer great deals, are well staffed and super friendly. Hardly a surprise everyone wants to buy from them. So why isn't proper provision made by the organisers of the centre for the queues? Surely now, after so many trade shows, somebody should be thinking, "Better put an extra section aside for S2 to accomodate the traffic". This isn't the first time we've discussed S2 generating the most demand. The organisers need to learn and corden off a section to avoid blocking all the aisles.

I went yesterday and got everything I wanted (new wax, Eve Taylor products and new nail files). Not much stuff as I am saving up at the moment but was a good day out.Not as busy as other years I think.

Odoslané z GT-S5830i cez Tapatalk 2

As for space, when will organisers learn? Which stand generated the queues and the traffic? Sweetsquared. Not their fault. They sell great products, debut them at the show, offer great deals, are well staffed and super friendly. Hardly a surprise everyone wants to buy from them. So why isn't proper provision made by the organisers of the centre for the queues? Surely now, after so many trade shows, somebody should be thinking, "Better put an extra section aside for S2 to accomodate the traffic". This isn't the first time we've discussed S2 generating the most demand. The organisers need to learn and corden off a section to avoid blocking all the aisles.
As someone who works on the other side of exhibitions, I can say that's not really down to the organisers. They can allow for it with slightly bigger gangways but at the end of the day, it's up to the exhibitors to book the amount of space they need. If they were to 'cordon off a section' for free to accommodate traffic, they would lose a lot of money. Space rates are very high at exhibitions.

Just got back from PB.

It was fairly manic, but not as manic as yesterday I was told by quite a number of people.

Anyway, managed to catch up with Samantha and The Ed, and also met the lovely Lynne Baker for a quick natter. Would have said hello to Matthew Taylor too if he hadn't been so busy, but he was.

Had wanted to chat with Sam(uel), but he was in the middle of a Brisa Lite presentation with Wee Fee (I think it was her, someone tell me please) and I didn't think it appropriate to shout out "Oi, Samuel, Noodle's in da house!" :lol:

Grabbed everything on my shopping list, and headed back towards home looking very much like a "bag lady".

As someone who works on the other side of exhibitions, I can say that's not really down to the organisers. They can allow for it with slightly bigger gangways but at the end of the day, it's up to the exhibitors to book the amount of space they need. If they were to 'cordon off a section' for free to accommodate traffic, they would lose a lot of money. Space rates are very high at exhibitions.
I completely understand that, but happy shoppers equals more money spent. It just makes sense to me to keep the huge number of people who spent time in the S2 queue, happy. S2 did their best by having sweethearts going out and talking to people, giving out literature, having the maximum number of tills allowed. It's now down to the organisers to ensure that they do their bit. It's like serving drinks at a wedding while the photos are taken; you keep people happy.

I completely understand that, but happy shoppers equals more money spent. It just makes sense to me to keep the huge number of people who spent time in the S2 queue, happy. S2 did their best by having sweethearts going out and talking to people, giving out literature, having the maximum number of tills allowed. It's now down to the organisers to ensure that they do their bit. It's like serving drinks at a wedding while the photos are taken; you keep people happy.

When I was braving the S2 queue there were people from other stands coming out giving out their literature to us and talking about their brands but no one from cnd. I personally was just relieved to be able to spot all the superheroes going past to comic con or I would've died of boredome as I was on my own. Was hoping for a bit of a tussle between wolverine and the "real" batman hahaha x

Only queued for 20 mins this afternoon at s2 stand to be honest tho was a bit gutted I missed the demos as got moved on lol, got some lovely freebies at the cash desk too, got everything I wanted the new colours, glitters, brisa smoothing kit just mussed out on spring additives x

Had an awesome time, managed to get everything I wanted and luckily only waited about 25 mins for the CND stand!

My lovely other half held my space for me while I wandered!

Did have a bit of an upset though... got all my bits out of my massive CND bag today and some horrid person has stolen my new additives! :(

Luckily my other CND stuff was right at the bottom so guessing they couldn't reach it but they've obviously just dipped their dirty hands in while I've not been looking. So p**ed off.

Iv'e been patiently saving all my pennies up had my eye on these for ages and now I'm sparkle-less :(

Hope nobody else had this happen. :(

Had an awesome time, managed to get everything I wanted and luckily only waited about 25 mins for the CND stand!

Did have a bit of an upset though... got all my bits out of my massive CND bag today and some horrid person has stolen my new additives! :(

Luckily my other CND stuff was right at the bottom so guessing they couldn't reach it but they've obviously just dipped their dirty hands in while I've not been looking. So p**ed off.

Iv'e been patiently saving all my pennies up had my eye on these for ages and now I'm sparkle-less :(

Oh no that's horrible!! What is wrong with people.

I never got to go (being mahoosively pregnant + the tube = terrible idea) but very looking forward to ordering the new all the new bits soon!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Mini4mum are you my secret friend ;)??

Gigi... The queue was that long the building security actually stopped people from queuing at one point and the queue went all the was around the stand all the way down the isle out the entrance looped round and the to the end of the other entrance!!!!!! crazy!!!!!! I was handing out the show offer sheets to everyone one and trying to be nice to the security man so he would let people in the queue!!

And to top it all off ...... I don't even have the new colour :( :( :(
I left all my shopping bags in the hotel lobby :( ...yeah I know ... I'm an idiot !!

Mini4mum are you my secret friend ;)??

Gigi... The queue was that long the building security actually stopped people from queuing at one point and the queue went all the was around the stand all the way down the isle out the entrance looped round and the to the end of the other entrance!!!!!! crazy!!!!!! I was handing out the show offer sheets to everyone one and trying to be nice to the security man so he would let people in the queue!!

And to top it all off ...... I don't even have the new colour :( :( :(
I left all my shopping bags in the hotel lobby :( ...yeah I know ... I'm an idiot !!

Oh my goodness! What a terrible end after such an amazing weekend. :hug:

I just spoke to Mrs Geek as they were driving back from London ... She was just saying how amazing all the S2 customers were, being so patient and so full of questions and there was no doubt the S2 stand was "on fire" with the best team support from all the wonderful EA's, the Squarehouse lads, and everyone from customer service ... All amazing.

Message from The Sam's ... They are thrilled, catching up on Salon Geek, at all of the lovely remarks made by so many and asked me to thank you, one and all, for your fantastic support. S2 customers ROCK!! Love & Respect to everyone x

I'm so sorry to hear this; some people have no scruples! I was lucky enough to be given an additive free from the lovely S2 staff, but I've never used them and I'd much prefer it to go a good home! If you'd like it just pm me your details and I'll have my humsbums post it to you tomorrow!

My lovely girls on our stand managed to rugby tackle a would-be thief out onto the aisles before he and his female partner in crime got their mitts on our stock.

We left nothing on our stand overnight except an unopened case of bottled water. When we returned the next morning 6 of them had gone...

What a sad state of affairs, eh?

Latest posts

Back