Problems with isolating eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerV

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!
I'm new on here so please bear with me as I explain my most recent problem :). I have been an eyelash stylist for about 2 months now. I know I'm still new and practice makes perfect but I am having a lot of problems with isolation. The trainer we had never really explained what to do when it comes to complicated lashes. I have found if my client has tiny fine hairs that crisscross or intertwine near a long enough lash I struggle to separate them to attach the extension or isolate the finer hairs to get to the bigger hair that it's tangled in. another problem I am facing is if a client has lashes that grow in sideways I can't seem to get the lash to stay straight. I know with time I'll get better but I am just struggling right now! any advice will help. thanks, guys! :)

Hi, everyone!
I'm new on here so please bear with me as I explain my most recent problem :). I have been an eyelash stylist for about 2 months now. I know I'm still new and practice makes perfect but I am having a lot of problems with isolation. The trainer we had never really explained what to do when it comes to complicated lashes. I have found if my client has tiny fine hairs that crisscross or intertwine near a long enough lash I struggle to separate them to attach the extension or isolate the finer hairs to get to the bigger hair that it's tangled in. another problem I am facing is if a client has lashes that grow in sideways I can't seem to get the lash to stay straight. I know with time I'll get better but I am just struggling right now! any advice will help. thanks, guys! :)
I really want advice on this too as I'm also struggling. I really am a perfectionist and I want more neater even results. I've also been really struggling with the glue, I'm still sticking the odd one down to the pad even though I'm constantly brushing through. Can you help me with that at all? Xx

Bumping for you x

You need a good pair of sharp tweezers for a start :)
Watch the angle you come in at, If you go in too horizontal then you'll be too far down the lashes. Come in more vertical so that your tweezers are nearer to the base of the lashes. You can also lift the lashes up with one pair of tweezers and you can see the little ones underneath.
You can get some tape and place it horizontally on the eyelid. So place the tape say in the centre of the lid on the right eye and then pull outwards to the right and that will help separate the lashes too. Hope I've explained that well enough!
Also it is all practice too. It just takes time but then one day it just clicks!

Thank you, that's helpful. I've been coming in straight down and not or an angle so I'll try that! I know exactly what you mean about this little lashes! They are really difficult. I also shouldn't bother trying to put lashes on them should I? Just the strong adult ones as such?

They are lashes that cause all my problems like sticking to the pad, Because the are so fair and tiny Xx

Latest posts

Back