Putting my prices up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I am having to put my prices up due to moving to a bigger premises and the rent being more.

I have had my salon for 7 years, I am very reasonable and never put my prices up as I never felt the need to- my rent had never went up so I didn't put the prices up.

I have sorted out my prices but I'm worried about putting my shellac nails up. At the moment I charge £20 for shellac and £24 for shellac plus removals. I am thinking of putting this up to £23 for shellac and £27 for shellac and removals. Do you think £3 is quite a lot for a price increase?

Most other salons around me charge around £30 just for shellac so I am still reasonable.

Has anyone else done a price increase, if so did you loose any clients because of it?

I have a loyalty card where clients collect 12 stamps for 20% of, i am changing these to 6 stamps they get 10% them collect another 12 stamps to get 20% off (so 18 stamps in total) but I thought this way they get a discount sooner. I thought this could be a positive from putting prices up.

What do you think of this idea?

I am having to put my prices up due to moving to a bigger premises and the rent being more.

I have had my salon for 7 years, I am very reasonable and never put my prices up as I never felt the need to- my rent had never went up so I didn't put the prices up.

I have sorted out my prices but I'm worried about putting my shellac nails up. At the moment I charge £20 for shellac and £24 for shellac plus removals. I am thinking of putting this up to £23 for shellac and £27 for shellac and removals. Do you think £3 is quite a lot for a price increase?

Most other salons around me charge around £30 just for shellac so I am still reasonable.

Has anyone else done a price increase, if so did you loose any clients because of it?

I have a loyalty card where clients collect 12 stamps for 20% of, i am changing these to 6 stamps they get 10% them collect another 12 stamps to get 20% off (so 18 stamps in total) but I thought this way they get a discount sooner. I thought this could be a positive from putting prices up.

Hi i understand the reason behind increasing of your prices but £3 may be abit much.
However the loyalty card is a good idea maybe have another think about the increase i understand its needed and you're still going to be reasonable but maybe not do such an increase.
I review my prices every 2 year i am the same as yourself very reasonable due to being in a small area.

I have increased prices and didn't lose any clients at all.
I think if you explain the problems for increase in advance and professionally there is no issue.

I personally wouldn't say it's because the rent is more...

I don't put them up that often but when I do it's not a problem and I've not lost any clients. I don't justify why though .... that's life, people expect things to go up

Your new prices even sound cheap. You said it yourself, others are charging £30. If it was me I'd be charging £26/28. At the end of the day, we all run our businesses to build a lifestyle we want and therefore can charge what we want really. Margins are slim these days with overheads of premises, staff, tax etc etc. I'd make sure that carrying out the treatment is actually worthwhile and making you a decent hourly rate.

Moving to new premises is an ideal time to evaluate what you offer and charge. If you have never had incremental price increases a 'big' jump will seem too much. However as has been mentioned, your pricing is lower than expected anyway. I believe some therapists have an issue with what they charge (I too have struggled) as they are a). afraid they will upset customers b). have no belief in their abilities to earn well.

My skincare company reviews prices every year - this year 7% increase! It is sound business sense to review pricing on a regular basis. Sometimes clients can be put off if you are below market expectations as well.

Thank you all for you replies it's been really helpful and reassuring. I'm going to put them up to £23 as this is still reasonable!

Do I think a £3.00 increase is alot.....NO! :p

I DO think you should be sure in the future, to ALWAYS do a yearly review......

I will also be moving premises shortly....and my client's will get the shock of their lives.....a £5.00 increase!!!:eek:
Sorry folks.....but you've had it good for a very long time....I now need to make a living.:cool:

My last increase was £3 across all nail services & no one complained :) xx

This is great to no thank you - I feel much better about putting prices up now!

Latest posts

Back