Question for Salon owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
I'm a newbie finding my feet and have started out by training with nails then am looking to move into other areas of beauty.

Would you recruit a therapist who has had their training entirely from product suppliers/companies rather than with a college for example, nails with Creative, Eye lashes with Flirties, Spray tanning with Sienna X, Waxing with Kim etc as opposed to having an NVQ level 2/3 or would you need them to have an NVQ as well as this additional training? If you would take on someone who did their accredited training seperately and direct with companies what other expectations would you have of them with regards H&S training etc?

Am really looking for some direction at the moment. I plan on doing my NVQ level 2 in any case however in terms of managing costs it is easier for me to take courses individually to gain qualifications and allow me to work mobile with the best companies I can but I do eventually want to be salon based/room renting so don't want to limit myself too much. I appreciate that there is no quick fix but would really appreciate any advice.

thanks xx

Latest posts

Back