question for spray tan trainers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
hi as a spray tan trainer what is your role? and then what is your responsibility as the trainer? thanks :!:

I am not quite sure what you are askin!!!

My role - to train people!!

My responsibility's - to make sure they are aware of all the Heath & Safety involved and that they are confident to spray the public after they have been trained. Oh and that they have all the right equipment and know how to use it properly!

Hope this is what you are after. x

hi gemma I am at college doing my 7303 and they asked me what my role was as I want to be a spray tan trainer ( I also did not get it) my assignment has to be in on monday and the college is closed so I have no way of contactng the tutor thought you trainers might know. the role is like a job description when you get a new job they have a list of roles involved in the job description. I know my role would be to train the student with the right material and education but my mind is blank.

Have you looked at the manual you got when you were trained, this should have everythign split into sections, like the lady above was saying, health and safety anatomy, etc... write down what it is you want to get over to your students, even if you write this informally you can always adjust it when you get feedback but at least you will ahve somethign to show you ahve tried.

hi when I did my training the only paperwork I was given was instructions on how to spray tan the body step by step, there was no other information in the folder. everything else I learnt on my own with this site and the other tan site. but thanks for replying.

OK here goes, My responsibility as a trainer would be to ensure the trainee understood about:

Health and Safety Regulations
that they should have their electrical equipment checked once every year by a qualified electrician/PAT tester.
contra-indications to the tan, any contra-actions that may occur as a result of a tan.
Pre-care and aftercare advice ie how to prepare for their tan and how to look after it following application
The differences in skin types and what tan is suitable for what skin type
How to look after their equipment and strip it down for cleaning
Ensure they understood the application techniques
I would watch them do a spray or more if possible
Marketing/Promotions etc
Retail products available

Can't think of anything else at the mo

thank you so much for all that information it has given me great advice to try and get 600-700 words from that. thank you. (my assignment is to review your role, responsibility and boundaries as a teacher/trainer in terms of the training cycle.) and I am neither a teacher or trainer at present so finding this assignment alittle hard. the course is more for teachers already in schools/college etc. thank you.

I have just finished this course, and yes it is a nightmare,
they want you to write it all as an essay not bullet points,
the role is not only what your role would be as a spray tan trainer but also as a teacher in charge of a class room full of adults,
so class rules for the students
you are responsible for the students showing respect to you and other students,
associations that you need to know about like SENDA
your responsibilities are like treading thin air,
eg you have a student in your group and they are upset for what ever reason and it is affecting their work in class, would you go and give and give them a hug and try to make them feel better,
would you offer to talk it out with them after class,
would you refer them to the counseling services that are available within the college.
The last example would apply to responsibilities and boundaries, i will let you chose which one you think is correct, hth

thanks louise I have just joined to do the 7303 and 7304 I am totally insane. how did you find the course overall and the micro teaching? what was your chosen subject? Im doing spray tanning that was silly as there are no books what I know of to gather more research. are you planning to train other people privatly or go into a school/college?

:eek: You have scared me now I am starting this course in April!!!:eek::eek:

thanks louise I have just joined to do the 7303 and 7304 I am totally insane. how did you find the course overall and the micro teaching? what was your chosen subject? Im doing spray tanning that was silly as there are no books what I know of to gather more research. are you planning to train other people privatly or go into a school/college?

I'm sorry but i have to be truthful, i found it so damn hard, it was a nightmare, but i didn't have much help from the tutor :rolleyes:
the class that i was in was full of teachers that already worked in the college and had to take this course because it is now compulsory,
so there was little old me with no idea at all and the rest of the class that already knew all the answers,
at first i did think it may work to my advantage been in a class full of teachers but it didn't, none of them had any spare time to Buddie up and help each other out so i was all on my own,
i did have some great help from some geeks on here :)hug: thank you )
if it wasn't for the help that i got on here i would have quit the course.
The micro teaching was the easy part, you stand in front of the rest of the class and teach your subject to them, the tutor and other students all give you feedback,
for my micro class i taught nail art, took in loads of stuff, took in my boards with my nail art on for examples, did a demo then gave out nail tips and art materiel's, then had everyone in the class painting and decorating the tips,
i would like one day to teach nail technology but definitely not in college after everything i have seen and heard,
i even told the tutor than the course is enough to make anyone change their mind about teaching in a college and he agreed.
I already teach spray tanning for tantrick as does tonilee :)hug: hi hun)
Don't you have a training manual from when you were trained that you can use as a background and change and adapt to how you see fit ?

so pleased you passed, and thanks for being honest when I looked at the paperwork I thought it was going to be hard but I did not realise it was going to be this hard. there is only 2 of us not teaching, and a few of them work at the college or in a school and they are so stuck up. I dont like being there at all and cant wait until its all over. are you going to start teaching now? do you have a salon or are you mobile louise?

OK here goes, My responsibility as a trainer would be to ensure the trainee understood about:

Health and Safety Regulations
that they should have their electrical equipment checked once every year by a qualified electrician/PAT tester.
contra-indications to the tan, any contra-actions that may occur as a result of a tan.
Pre-care and aftercare advice ie how to prepare for their tan and how to look after it following application
The differences in skin types and what tan is suitable for what skin type
How to look after their equipment and strip it down for cleaning
Ensure they understood the application techniques
I would watch them do a spray or more if possible
Marketing/Promotions etc
Retail products available

Can't think of anything else at the mo

A good trainer or brand should also be there for the trainee post training...to be available to assist the individual on an ongoing basis in time of need (within reason of course)

For example 3 months down line form your initial training you might come against a problem that you are unsure of how to deal with...your trainer or brand should be there for you to support you through with advise on how to best deal with your problem.

Remember the relationship between trainee ,trainer and brand is a two (or three)way partnership and deosn't/shouldn't end immediatley after the initial training has been completed :hug:

so pleased you passed, and thanks for being honest when I looked at the paperwork I thought it was going to be hard but I did not realise it was going to be this hard. there is only 2 of us not teaching, and a few of them work at the college or in a school and they are so stuck up. I dont like being there at all and cant wait until its all over. are you going to start teaching now? do you have a salon or are you mobile louise?
Yes i have a salon and i also teach Tantrick spray tanning for Collin & Britta at wow products hth

Hi louise
Did you have to thaat teaching course for your spray tanning trianer or was it just something you wanted to do. Just interested to know.:hug:

Hi louise
Did you have to thaat teaching course for your spray tanning trianer or was it just something you wanted to do. Just interested to know.:hug:
I did it for myself, it is something that i have fancied doing for a while, i like a challenge :lol:

Good on ya chick! well i had a wee baby six months ago so i'm still on maternity leave at minute my name is tina i filled in my profile wrong thought you just used any quirky name as everyone seemed to have cute names so zara is actually my daughther name. i'm actually in talks with collin at the mo to start being a trainer here in northern ireland as i dont think they have any i know there is a new guy from co.down who has been taken in but not sure if he supplying training to t. Do you enjoy what you do louise? i setting up my own home based salon in a few months we have built a house so i have a salon built at the back of the garage soo excited about it my own place eventually!:hug::hug:

I enjoy my job very much, love it, every bit of it,
i spend my time making peoples nails look fantastic,
or i make them feel better about there body after having a treatment,
or i train people to be a spray tanner and to enjoy the industry,
i spend most of the day chatting and get paid for it,
i cant think of any other job that is more suitable :lol:
Congratulations on the birth of Zara,
good luck with your home salon :hug:

You will be fine with Collin, he is a nice guy so don't feel uneasy about asking him about anything,
and you can always ask the rest of us we will all try to help where we can, and i look forward to welcoming you to the team :hug:

Hi louise
Thanks a million chick! yeah you guys are all so helpful and collin is the same. Need to get a flight to aberdeen organised to do the training.i done the calgel gel nail course and to be honest i have not really used it much maybe it just was not the right course. great to talk to you.:hug::hug:

I did my teacher training about 20 years ago and it was a City & Guilds then.
At the time I was in catering, so wanted to teach catering, I found it very difficult as most people on the course were already teaching, but also their was a few nurses getting ready for 2000 when they were going to become teachers.

I did my micro teaching on 'how to make a piping cone' for piping. I also did one on health and safety.

sometimes its working out WHAT they are asking, and once you get that, it is easy to go for it. At the end of the day YOU are an expert on your subject.

I got assessed last thursday, first time in 6 years teaching in the community for my local college. I passed! got a 2 grade (good). Phew!

Latest posts

Back