Radio and TV licenses??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meonthebrain

Reaction score
hey i was wondering wat way i should go about getting a music license for a salon or if a tv license is a better idea.

If you have a tv you will need a tv licence and two music licence one with ppl and the other prs, I've had to do this for my salon as they say if you have a tv they play music in the adverts. If you have just radio you need just the two music liecene. X

You can also get away with not having a licence for a radio by playing royalty free music. X

If you have a tv you will need a tv licence and two music licence one with ppl and the other prs, I've had to do this for my salon as they say if you have a tv they play music in the adverts. If you have just radio you need just the two music liecene. X

thanks lol so i have to buy the both radio licenses then?

Yes, if you have any licensed music played in the Salon, radio, cd, mp3 player etc you will need a license from PRS for Music and PPL. The license will cover you for playing CD's, music channels on the TV, radio etc.

Mat

Can you tell how much the 2 different licenses cost per year?
thanks

Latest posts

Back