Re: staff member issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE=Nails

It would probably be beneficial if you read my other posts as well instead of reading one and getting the completely wrong end if the stick

I think we would see better who said what if people could use the quote facility properly :rolleyes:

This seems to be getting a bit off topic, and maybe we should now wait to see how the OP got on with talking to her stylist, before we all get so het up about the differences between self employed and employed workers....or maybe start a seperate thread on that topic.

I don't know that it always works on a mobile, I did quote but it only showed the posters username =S

I don't know that it always works on a mobile, I did quote but it only showed the posters username =S

Same here, but its only a select few quotes don't work with, maybe something for admin to look into? Nails's posts can never be quoted, nor can she quote, something to do with the profile I guess xoxo

In a general response:

I can set ground rules and opening hours. If a contractor doesn't like it, they don't have to carry out any work there.

I started my career with less than no money and I have worked and worked and now I have my own salon that I am very proud of. It is my livelihood and will protect it however I see fit and if that means that there are rules that are in place, then there are rules in place.

If someone is self employed but works somewhere that requires a uniform then they will have to wear one, it's not rocket science.

Please don't tell me about not being able to afford things, I am hardly well off but I am working and working to give my daughter a better future in this bleak world we live in

So your breaking the law? A self employed person is not a contractor, and so different laws apply.
I will repeat from earlier, but you wouldn't take your landlord saying what you can and can't do, wear or charge. Same applies for a self employed.
Please love, read up and understand that NOTHING can be dictated to a self employed person as it is their business, not yours. It just so happens they conduct theirs in yours in return for a rent xoxo

So your breaking the law? A self employed person is not a contractor, and so different laws apply.
I will repeat from earlier, but you wouldn't take your landlord saying what you can and can't do, wear or charge. Same applies for a self employed.
Please love, read up and understand that NOTHING can be dictated to a self employed person as it is their business, not yours. It just so happens they conduct theirs in yours in return for a rent xoxo

I agree tomme :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Nails It would probably be beneficial if you read my other posts as well instead of reading one and getting the completely wrong end if the stick[/quote said:
I have read all your posts in this thread and it seems you have got the wrong end of the stick. I see nowhere that you have stated what you have said. All you have said is that self employed people need to have rules and should work to the times and prices set by the salon owner.

You need to do your research on the difference between a contractor and SE. You need to know the difference of employed and self employed. As a owner of a business surely you should know this instead of giving out misinformed posts and information. It may be what you think and what you work by, but it's not right and you have no right to dictate to self employed persons.

You can't make someone who pays you rent and is self employed work to your tune.

If you have anything else to say on the matter then PM as don't have time for silly comments thank you.

EDIT - my quoting facility is not working before I get told off :D

[QUOTE=Nails

I agree personal opinions are irrelevent the law is the law and any one who is a reasponsabile owner will follow these guidelines and employ or get self employed based on how tgey want there salon to be run if they want to have set times etc and set prices etc then they need to employ simple

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It seems that despite Izzidoll's attempt to get this thread back on topic has unfortunately not happened, and there's a whole different ball game going on now with employment and self employment being disputed.

With apologies to the OP (perhaps she'd like to start a new thread to update everyone as to how she got on), the time has come to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back