Reaction to spray tan after 3 days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coconuts

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any allergic reaction to any tan after 3 days or more?
This happened after 3 days of the tan on the skin, lots of itchy red bumps like prickly heat, doctors have prescribed steriod cream and said it's the spray tan that has caused it, this obviously didn't show up with a patch test because all was OK on the skin at that time.........
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

We have a beauty client who has had this type of reaction after using home self tan, the gradual self tans and spray tans. She takes a day or two for this reaction to become visible and irritant. She has come to the conclusion that she cannot use any type of sunless tanning product now. Has this person used self tan before and had a reaction? Anti histimine can help to ease the reaction.

This has happened both to my daughter and myself. After three days, our skin started to react. I have had many tans in the past and I have sprayed my daughter on numerous occasions and for the first time this year, this happened to both of us. I was stumped at first. The skin reaction happened straight after a shower - an itchy feeling with little red bumps, mostly on chest, arms and legs. I applied e45 body lotion to cool and calm down the skin and it went away. Since then I always advise clients to shower with a very simple soap or shower product - I changed to johnsons baby shower. I can only put it down to the shower product I was using at the time as both tan solutions for my daughter and myself were different and we have never had a reaction like this before. Hope this helps

Please help me, im looking for information on how to deal with a reaction as part of my college course but cant find anything does anyone know where I can get some information?

Has anyone ever had any allergic reaction to any tan after 3 days or more?
This happened after 3 days of the tan on the skin, lots of itchy red bumps like prickly heat, doctors have prescribed steriod cream and said it's the spray tan that has caused it, this obviously didn't show up with a patch test because all was OK on the skin at that time.........
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

oh thats odd! dont know why you would prescribe steroid cream to an allergic reaction but i thought you only got antihistamine
you done your duty to do a patch test so technically speaking you are not at fault
i would find out if they have a past of this happening xx

Yep, just had a horrible reaction to spray tan causing contact dermatitis. Dermatologist put me on Prednisone and steroid cream. I'm going on week 3 and still not back to normal.

Yep, just had a horrible reaction to spray tan causing contact dermatitis. Dermatologist put me on Prednisone and steroid cream. I'm going on week 3 and still not back to normal.
Hi I'm sorry that happened to you. Would you happen to know which brand was used?

Yep, just had a horrible reaction to spray tan causing contact dermatitis. Dermatologist put me on Prednisone and steroid cream. I'm going on week 3 and still not back to normal

Latest posts

Back