Really bad cut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TattooGurl

Reaction score
SO I went to the salon the other day to get my hair cut, I brought a picture and even picked a popular celebrity with a very well known hair style. What I wanted was Pink's pixie like hair style long on top and in the front with a undercut. What I got was practicality a brush cut with bangs right in the middle of my eye level.

I went in to the salon with hair just past my shoulders now my hair is less then a inch long and it looks so unbelievably bad and I don't know how to fix it they cut so much off I have so little left you can see my scalp.

Because of my thyroid problem I have had a lot of growth issues, it'll be Christmas before I have enough hair to even hide my scalp. I've bleached my hair as blond as it will go it somewhat hides the fact she thinned it out so much.

And now my whole head is totally sunburnt so bad I'm pulling out chunks of what little hair I have left how can I hide my scalp from the sun and make my hair look half decent without having to wear a damn hat or bandana 24/7. I cut my hair for one reason so I didn't have to wear hair clips or elastics in my hair anymore because wearing anything on my head gives me headaches and I was sick of being in pain all the time.

This might be a stupid question, have you put sun cream on your scalp?

Yeah but it makes my hair look like a greasy glob and turns the colour banana yellow and since sun screen doesn't absorb in to hair so when I sweat the sunscreen gets in to my eyes and streaks my makeup.

Do u have a pic

Could you rock a head scarf?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Honestly I haven't taken one yet I'm so embarrassed by the cut I don't want anyone to see me. I'll try and take one when with my phone it's kinda garbage so it might not show very well.

Oh I remember you now! You were the one in denial that your hair was damaged?
I am glad you got it all cut off but if I remember correctly your hair is quite frizzy in texture and you live somewhere super super hot. Also I am a bit frightened that yoy have had it bleached? ?
Am affraid that untill it has grown put you are just going to have to wear a hat, take this chance, while it is really short to avoid chemical processes and get ut in good condition again. Every cloud has a silver lining

Reactions: KHS
I cut almost 9 inch's off back then and left it just above my shoulders roughly about 8 inch's left it was %100 healthy and completely perfect I saw 5 stylist and all 5 agree that it was not due to bleaching and it was the cheap flannel pillow case I was using in the -40C weather for 8 months on end not hot very very cold for most of the year in the with zero moisture apparently it happen a lot to long hair in this part of the world that was months ago.

Fast forward 6 whole months now I have tones of regrowth and decide I need a change because putting on a hat or a scarf or a bandana or a pony tail is giving me massive migraines that are affecting my life very badly so I got a hair cut a second time after I cut off 9 inch's of hair and after 6 months of not getting my hair coloured even tho the hair dresser said there was nothing at all wrong with the texture of my hair wasn't even dry a little my hair is frizzy naturally because it's curly and I comb it strait I hate curls. And she coloured it a copper blond to cover up the left over redish pink she wouldn't have dyed it if she thought it was too damaged.

So like I said new hair cut on %100 healthy hair I asked for one thing she give me something else that looks like garbage she took off pretty much ALL my hair left me with a tiny little patch on the top of my head from half a inch in some places to a inch in others I asked for her to leave me 4 to 5 inch's of length on the top and to leave my bangs alone just a tiny trim they went to my chin now there just past my eyes.

I went to a high end salon and asked for a hair cut like Pink I gave her a picture I even told her to leave at least 4 inch's on top and 5 inch's in the front to add a little texture and to cut the ends with the point of the scissors or use a razor I did not want any blunt edges and I wanted the underside cut at a 3 at the most maybe even a 2.

I was very specific with what I wanted and she F'ed it up so bad it turns me off to seeing a hair dresser when I do it myself I only have myself to blame but this woman expected me to pay her $63 for butchering my hair and I still had to go get it fixed by someone else. All I asked is how can I protect the bald spots on my scalp without having to use greasy sunscreen I'm allergic to zinc oxide so I can only get the greasy stuff. And how can I make the butcher job look somewhat cute till it grows enough to hide my scalp.

Ah yes, I remember you.
Whatever we suggest, you will contradict, as you always know best. Good luck.

If your hair is that short, you'll just have to wait to grow it. A hat or sunscreen will protect your scalp.

Although if wearing a headscarf or your hair in a ponytail gives you a migraine, wouldn't it be best to keep it short?

I'm not understanding this story at all. If you wanted 4or5 inches on top why on earth did you let her cut it so close to your scalp? Why did you pay? Why did you have it dyed again after all the advice not to? From photos you've posted previously, your hair doesn't look long enough to have had 9 inches cut off and still be left with mid length hair

I think you need a new hairdresser. I very much doubt your hair has been damaged from a pillowcase. I cannot understand why you believe this nonsense. I have cheap bedding and my hair is perfectly healthy, although I haven't continuously dyed it over the last few months.

Am I wasting my breath ?

I really shouldn't worry in the slightest, if you've had 9" cut off, and left you with 8" that's a damn good growing rate since you posted your pictures the Beginning of March on another of your topics where clearly shows your hair chin length at the back...

If it grows that fast in 4 months, around 2 inches a month!! it'll be back to normal in no time.

Must be the 60c temprtures and the silk pillow cases lol

Or.....maybe you've had short hair all your life just life you said In reply to another post....see below!!!!

It's just you love, I've had very short hair most of my life and I wear hats all the time my best friend also has had short hair most of her life and she wears hats every she even looks cute in her hard hat. I would get complements all the time I how nice I look in my hat. Some people just look good in hats and some don't other can only wear a few styles of hat but in the end it's how you wear your hat not how the hat wears on you.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow, your hair grows quickly! In March it looked like this and by july it is long enough to have 9 inches off and still have 8 left. I wouldn't stress, it will be chin length in a month

Attachments

• 1406019506637.jpg
    1406019506637.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 461
Sorry- im not a hair geek but in finding this Utterly hilarious, this thread actually has me laughing out loud!!! Alone!

Sorry- im not a hair geek but in finding this Utterly hilarious, this thread actually has me laughing out loud!!! Alone!

You're not alone, I'm just up on the East Coast doing the same lol I'm surprised you can't hear me lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not a hair geek but I had my hair cut like pink in May and it's already grown out more or less so don't worry it won't be for long.
As for the burnt scalp, you can get sunscreens for hair that you comb through like a leave in conditioner x

Sent from the catphone

As a point in question, in all seriousness, if your hair is short and thin, and you can see scalp, bleaching it till it's see-through won't make it look better. It'll just make you look like a boiled egg.
Just sayin.

Really would help if you put a picture on

Not a hair geek but I use lee stafford sun protection spray on my scalp and it does the job while on holls. Might help!

Wow this was all totally uncalled for I asked a question about my ugly hair cut not about my hair colour the the hair that was bleached was done in a salon by a professional and and it was all virgin hair never been coloured before. And I'[m SOOOOO sorry I don't understand your stupid American measurement system but the second I say centimeters no one knows what I'm talking about. So I wanted a minimum 15cm of length left on the top I was given 4cm on top and 3cm on the sides with 5cm in front Also I didnt let her cut it that short I was turned away and didnt see till it was way too late the ledt side and top were already cut I walked out half way through I said she expected me to pay for it I never said I did then I got it fixed the next day by someone else, then she coloured my hair it was all virgin hair because so much was chopped off I was left with nothing but regrowth. And I wanted it longer on top like Pink so I could curl it up like a wavy mock mohawk. I asked to leave my hair just above my earlobes where my earrings are what I got was a cut above my ears half way up my scalp And again I cant wear any sunscreen with zinc oxide in it so I'm stuck with this really greasy patrolium product that makes my hair greasy and yellow, maybe not so yellow anymore my toner finally came in and I went to the salon to get it toned

Personally the only thing I like about my hair is the colour. My natural colour is a mistake, you know the sickly green colour you get when people who swim a lot try to dye there hair ash blond? That's my natural colour except mine has red tint to it to make it look like something you find in a diaper.

Attachments

• scalp1.jpg
    scalp1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 285
  • scalp2.jpg
    scalp2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 265
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back