Really confused about profit and loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is completely unfair as you can't say what any one person is able to achieve. Yes a sole trader is likely to recoup their costs far quicker than a large organization but this is completely dependant on circumstances. For example I made a very healthy profit in my second year - I only made a tiny loss in the first year due to an impulse investment at the end of march...
However, if I were to now invest in another treatment which I would like to, it would push my profits for my 3rd year into loss.

Everyone is different and as such should not compare themselves to others as they may be in a different situation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im not encouraging anyone to continue year by year at a loss but it is normal to have the odd year at a loss

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Worried in terms of the viability of one's business.

HMRC will believe you. Lots of people spend year after year making little or no profit.

I wasn't really responding to you so don't panic. It strikes me from posts I've read of yours that you're astute, hold business savvy & will slowly but surely prosper :hug:

Thanks :) ironically my biggest concern is having a gap in my cv so as long as I have enough money to get by (even if that requires the odd stint of working for someone else) then that will do me for now (touch wood good luck fingers crossed).

Latest posts

Back