Rebalancing a sculpted nail?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
I haven't learnt how to sculpt yet, it's something that a plan to learn very soon though. How do you rebalance a sculpted forever french nail? If it's a tip overlay then you file all the way down so there is no white left, what do you do with a sculpted nail?

HI Heavenly, havent done any sculpting myself yet either but you dont need to file the whole of the white off for a normal rebalance anyway.... just thin it and move the smile line and stress area up the nail a bit, Geeg has done some great tutorials on rebalancing that are easy to understand, check them out under premium geek tutorials. I would imagine the sculpted rebalance works in the same way? hth x

Aspirations is correct. Just thin down the enhancement as you would on a tip and overlay enhancement, re - apply the smile line and proceed with zones 2 & 3 making sure your apex etc are back in the right place. hope this helps.

Hi Heavnly,

Just to add to the other posts. Once I've thinned out the overlay if there are chips in the free edge or if the free edge has become mis-shapen and needs evening out. I use a form again to even everything up and then finish in the usual way.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Karen

Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's the simplest things that baffle us the most isn't it?

Latest posts

Back