Receptionist Training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raajk

Reaction score
Hi

I currently have a lovely girl who works on reception for me, she is keen to get into Beauty Therapy and is wanting to go ahead and do some courses at NSI Beauty School. I am keen for her to work with me and was just wandering if i should help out with the cost of the courses so we can work together in the future?

What would you do in this situation, as i want her to work with me and gain experince through my salon, as i feel she has potential.

Thanks

I would say that if you put some money towards her qualifications, there is more of a chance that she would be "loyal" to your company as you have invested in her. You need to make sure she isn't just going to get the qualifications and then "jump ship" I suppose - though not sure how enforcable (that word does not look right :eek:) a contract on that basis would be?

Yes i was thinking along those lines, but wasnt sure how much i should contribute and what i should put in the contract?

Hmm, could Business Link or similar give you some advice on these?

I'm not au fait with contract law at all :eek:

By law if the company insists you go on the training then you don't have to pay back anything where as if the girl asked for you to send her on a course then you are entitled to ask for a % back if she was to leave after an amount of time, this would need to be all put down in the contract just to cover your self.

Hi

I currently have a lovely girl who works on reception for me, she is keen to get into Beauty Therapy and is wanting to go ahead and do some courses at NSI Beauty School. I am keen for her to work with me and was just wandering if i should help out with the cost of the courses so we can work together in the future?

What would you do in this situation, as i want her to work with me and gain experince through my salon, as i feel she has potential.

Thanks

Perhaps you could have her sign a contract saying that if you help pay for the courses, she has to stay with you for so many months/years - otherwise, she needs to reimburse you for the amount that you paid.

A lot of companies do this in other industries for people getting MBAs, etc. I don't see why it couldn't apply here. I'm sure she would be thrilled to have the offer!

Latest posts

Back