Regular Hair Extensions Client - Now falling out?! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

envyhair&beauty

Reaction score
Hi, I am needing a little bit of advice as I wont sleep until my mind is at rest!
I have been doing this girls extensions for a while now, I follow the same method (pre-bonded/hot fusion). I always wash her hair, apply only a little conditioner to the ends and blowdry before application.
I have also used the same stockist for the hair. I apply the extensions in neat rows and trim them afterwards.
My client assures me she follows all the after care - which I believe as she has never had any problems - until now.
She has said that she has lost 7 bonds in 5 weeks, and the hair is shedding badly. Also the glue has developed sharp edges and cracked, which have cut her head. Also, that her hair is knotting and twisting around the bonds (which I would sometimes expect a little fater 3 months, but not 5 weeks!)
All I noticed about the strands were that the glue U-Tips were slightly shorter than usual, but I cut them down anyway slightly.
I'm absolutely devasted as she is a regular client and I'm dissappointed that they are not up to par. I'm sure my workmanship is fine, but now I am starting to doubt it.
Please can someone shed some light on why this might have happened?
Thank you!

It sounds to me like the issue is with the product rather than your work, especially as you noticed a difference in the bonds before fitting. I think your best bet is to contact the company you bought the extensions from and tell them what has happened and see what they are willing to do about it.

It might be a good idea to take those extensions out for your client too before these 'cuts' and the matting cause her any real problems.

HTH x

Thank you for you response. I have emailed them and this is the reply:

Hi Megan

We have improved the size of our bonds so they are slightly smaller and neater now. The problem with the shedding could be down to the maintenance or the install as we haven't changed anything other than the size of the keratin.

Kind Regards

So I'm still not to sure what has happened :(
Thanks, Megan x

Who is your stockist? Maybe start a thread to see if any other of the extensionists on here have had a similar problem with that company... if they have then you'll know it's not anything you've done.

Have you had a look at the hair and bonds yourself? Sometimes our clients can be a little economical with the truth... maybe she got conditioner on the bonds and didn't rinse thoroughly, or left the hair wet at the roots... there are many things she could have done to cause the bonds to break down.

That is of course if the stockist is being truthful also :)

Latest posts

Back