Relaxers for light/medium colored hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenevieveRuby

Reaction score
I have very frizzy, naturally curly, out of control hair. I've been spending so much time straightening it with a flat-iron, but I don't want to use too much heat as often as I have been. I think a relaxer may help.

I don't want an extreme one that'll make my hair 'pin straight,' but something that'll last long and make my hair more manageable and relaxed. Something not too light, but not to extreme.

The problem is, all the relaxers with good reviews are for those with dark hair. This (http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Lovely-Relaxer-Conditioning-Regular/dp/B005IUGWD6) gets AMAZING reviews, but doesn't specify that it's only to be use on dark hair, but the brand is "Dark and Lovely" so it is made for dark hair.

I have natural red hair. I don't know if a relaxer made for dark hair would mess up my hair color. But the one linked above gets great reviews. I don't want to buy something with reviews or hair burning, falling out, etc. I've read about that on the reviews of other relaxers.

What should I do?

Thanks for any help offered,
Genevieve :)

You need to visit a professional for this service. We can't advise consumers about professional services. Sorry.

I'm talking about at-home relaxer kits. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that!

Umm hun, if you relax your hair at home, I guarantee you'll wish you hadn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back