Removing bubbles from gel pot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

Don't know how (as I haven't stirred it or overworked it), but I seem to have LOTS of bubbles in my gel ... I've read somewhere that these can be elimated by slowly heating up the gel pot - on some kind of 'warmer' so that the bubbles come to the surface ..... could anyone confirm this.

Thanks

Vicky

i get this problem too, plus always seem to find little bits of hair/ fluff?

iopened my brand new pot of IBD clear gel to find a bit of black fluff in it!!! :(

Katelisa said:
iopened my brand new pot of IBD clear gel to find a bit of black fluff in it!!! :(

maybe it was some hair that clung to you after doing a 'hollywood' eh Kate ? :wink2:

Forget it!

Bubble's wont disappear once their there and unless you pop them as your working they will just remain suspended in the gel. They dont sink and they wont rise to the surface.

Bubbles appear when the gel has been folded, thus trapping tiny air pockets

My advice would be to purchase only the smaller pots of gel from your supplier in the future. That way if the same thing happens there's less waste.

Actually if the gel gets runny enough the bubbles will rise to the surface. And gel tend to turn more runny with heat, so place your pot inside a bowl with hot water on the botom. It might not work but it won't do it any harm (just keep you pot closed)
As temperature changes gel's consistency you can use it in your favor, if you find your gel too runny in the summer keep it in the fridge, if it isn't runny enough during the winter place it over your lamp! Works a treat!

I thought I'd heard it somewhere .... you being an Akzentz Tech has now reminded me it was on the Just Nailz website .... thanks very much for this - I'll give it a try.

Vicky xx

Prionace said:
Actually if the gel gets runny enough the bubbles will rise to the surface. And gel tend to turn more runny with heat, so place your pot inside a bowl with hot water on the botom. It might not work but it won't do it any harm (just keep you pot closed)
As temperature changes gel's consistency you can use it in your favor, if you find your gel too runny in the summer keep it in the fridge, if it isn't runny enough during the winter place it over your lamp! Works a treat!

Latest posts

Back