Remy human hair extensions - not fully dyed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy_lou

Reaction score
I bought some Remy human hair extensions in bleach blonde and I noticed several of the hairs were not dyed and were dark brown and thick. It was a little off-putting and I just wondered whether this is normal in real hair extensions as it's the first time I have used them? I complained and was told this was to be expected as the hair is dyed by hand?

Thank you

Last edited:
Sounds like cheap over processed hair to me. Wash it, dry it and style it and see how it changes x

Thank you hun, I am going to send them back and ask for a full refund. I thought it was too good to be true! (special offer on wowcher!)

Thanks,

Amy

Last edited:
Also, regardless of the fact that some of the hairs were thick - is it normal to find some dark hairs in real hair extensions that are blonde?

Do you have a picture? It is normal to see a few little dark hairs but not really thick hairs x

I will take a picture tonight - it might just be me over reacting because I think it's too good to be true (over 50% discount) so hopefully I am over reacting !! Will post the pic tonight . Thanks guys! - super cute dog by the way!!!

I've spotted little tiny parts of darker shades in my hair but nothing major and mine are Beauty Works so not so cheap. Defo post a photo!

I've spotted little tiny parts of darker shades in my hair but nothing major and mine are Beauty Works so not so cheap. Defo post a photo!

How do I post a photo on here please?

When your writing a comment it has the option to upload a photo (if using the app) xx

Hopefully these photos have attached !

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 138
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 137
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 130
  • hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 130
It looks like thread to me but pictures aren't that clear.

I have seen the odd thread in my blocks from college intermixed with the hair. Where did you get the extensions from?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It looks like thread to me but pictures aren't that clear.

I have seen the odd thread in my blocks from college intermixed with the hair. Where did you get the extensions from?

Hi, thanks for the reply ! Trust me it is definetely hair and not thread! It's thick like pubic hair (TMI SORRY) and it's really gross! There are about ten pieces of hair this thick and dark and then other thin dark ones (which I can deal with!)

Is this normal in real hair? They are from LUSH hair extensions.

They are offering to refund if the product is faulty but they claim that the dark hairs are normal and to be expected. They said these are grade A extensions and that I should buy grade AAAA if I want them to be completely perfect. Honest opinions - am I being too fussy ? I paid £29.99 for them so I know they are cheap but I still expected them to at least be blonde !!

Ps the pictures don't show them as much as I'd liked - look much worse in real life !!

Unfortunately you get what you pay for.

I would just get a refund and put the money towards some higher quality ones xx

Unfortunately grade A hair is pretty poor. Not really worth spending your money on. See if you can return then for a refund, if not speak to Groupon and ask if they can help

They look lovely for lush... but thats not saying much ;-)

If theres only a few snip them out, problem solved, it happens with hair 2, 3, 4x the cost you paid (thou on a lesser scale), its just the way it is.

They are worth what you paid, you may get a couple of months out of them.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

They look lovely for lush... but thats not saying much ;-)

If theres only a few snip them out, problem solved, it happens with hair 2, 3, 4x the cost you paid (thou on a lesser scale), its just the way it is.

They are worth what you paid, you may get a couple of months out of them.

Are Lush known for being bad then? Can someone please explain what grade A hair even is? I am not too bothered about spending lots of money on extensions as I already have long hair - I just wanted them for more volume and body! I usually use Synthetic hair or synthetic half wigs but my cousin bragged about how good her real Remy hair extensions were that I thought I would try as you can curl them and straighten etc... I will cut out the dark hairs and give them a go - I really should send them back but the lady is being really funny with me and I am worried I will return them and wont get my money back!

It's really annoying that the hairs are not all blonde and the thickness of them is gross! Will cut them out and hopefully get some kind of compensation back if I send her these pics !!

Thanks guys, please advise good hair extension brands and can you explain what grade A hair is??

Lush are what they are. Very cheap, nothing wrong with that if you know what your getting.

Some companies dont have grades & some Grades vary between brands but assume 'Grade a' is the bottom rung of human hair, the sweepings up as it were ;) its processed in acid baths quickly and cheaply to replicate remy, and if it lasts a couple of months as clip ins you've done fine.

aa, aaa, aaaa, a5 ... are progressively better grades, individual hair extensions tend to start at 3a, 4a is luxury and 5a is virgin unprocessed hair (usually) it really is acase of you get what you pay for.

Is it for clip ins? Around £80-100 isnt out the way for good quality clip ins that can last 6-12 months

Lush are what they are. Very cheap, nothing wrong with that if you know what your getting.

Some companies dont have grades & some Grades vary between brands but assume 'Grade a' is the bottom rung of human hair, the sweepings up as it were ;) its processed in acid baths quickly and cheaply to replicate remy, and if it lasts a couple of months as clip ins you've done fine.

aa, aaa, aaaa, a5 ... are progressively better grades, individual hair extensions tend to start at 3a, 4a is luxury and 5a is virgin unprocessed hair (usually) it really is acase of you get what you pay for.

Is it for clip ins? Around £80-100 isnt out the way for good quality clip ins that can last 6-12 months

Thank you so much for your detailed answer hun. When you say to replicate remy does this mean it isn't actually remy human hair? They guarantee they are Remy 100% human hair. what do you mean by processed hair? That it has been dyed? It is for clip-in's but I only wear them on special occasions so I only wanted some cheap one's that will hopefully last longer than a couple of months if I am only wearing them a couple of times a month? (My syntheic one's only lasted a few wears and cost me £30!!!)

Could you suggest any other brands that are good or am I best off keeping these and cutting out the black hairs and if I look after them properly they might last me a lot longer?

The main reason I wanted them was to curl them as my natural hair drops out very quickly so at least my hair will keep some curls and body if I wear these!

Thanks for your help, I really should look into things more before I get excited about a 'good' deal on wowcher !

There is a new deal on there today for 'Pukka Hair' - are they any better than Lush? I suppose I could get these as they cost the same as the Lush one's if they are going to be better and try to get a refund from Lush !!

Why way they describe Remy simply means that they are cuticle correct. So they are all put in their bonds or wefts (as with clip ins) the correct way so they don't tangle and become a birds nest after one wear. Remy can cover lots of grade of hair so your cousin could have purchased higher grade hair, or just a different brand.

There are different countries the hair can also come from. Chinese Remy hair is pretty much considered the lowest quality, then there is Indian, European, Russian etc.

For £29 if you can cut out the black hairs and feel comfortable wearing them (if they are only for volume not length then you shouldn't really see the extension hair itself) then maybe it won't be too much of a problem. As you say you paid £30 for synthetic so it's whether your happy to keep them.

Remy means different things to different companies, it should mean hair thats aligned root to tip (like a single ponytail), but often at the cheaper end it really means the hairs been dipped in acid to remove cuticle layer, effectively giving it the same quality, non tangle, non matting. The cheaper the hair the stronger the acid as its a quick dip, this is also what changes the colour a dip bath. it then needs a silicon dip to fake its natural shine. Thats why pantene is often beter on clipins it keeps it topped up!

Ive got some lush clipins, they do feel rough and a bit cardboardy, I mean you'll get your use out of them and you can be rough with them as theyre only cheap but I prefer indian hair as its so much softer. You can get decent indian wefts from afro or indian hair shops in any towncentre for around £50, they'll sew clips on too for you in most cases.

Ive never heard of pukka but someone else might have.

Latest posts

Back