Rent a space advice (again!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa111

Reaction score
Sorry to raise this point again as I know there have been a few threads about this but just hoping I can get reassurance/advice from someone!

Ok, I work mobile and have approached a lady who owns a hairdressers to ask if she would consider renting a space for a nail desk to me.
She will be opening up a new hair salon literally 2 minutes round the corner from where I live and said she would be interested in having me there.

I would be self employed and initially said I could do 2/3 days per week ( I have an office job 3 days per week which pays well and thought I could keep that so as to have a regular income until things pick up).
She's happy with that and offered a flat rate rental of £30.00 per day. She is also going to have a small beauty room at the back where I can do waxing. This will be an extra £10.00 per day on top if I use this at any time. I will provide all my products and she will provide the furniture.

Does this amount seem reasonable to you?
There is no other competition around and it will be located along a small parade of shops which can get fairly busy as there are a couple of schools nearby and is also a large residential area.

I was thinking of maybe asking for a slightly lower daily rent then increase maybe after the 1st month or so after things pick up? What do you think?

Sorry it's a bit long winded!

Ta xxx :hug:

Em i dont tink its a good price. £30 a day, do you have a good client base? I pay £50 a week for my room so seeing your rent has scared me. You would def need a lot of clients to be paying that amount. Have you tried getting the rent down a bit as your only starting out?
Posted via Mobile Device

I charge around 150 pw for an unfurnished room regardless of how many days the person can work. Space for a nail desk starts at 50 pw again regardless of how many days its used. If your desk is in the space it cant be rented to anyone else can it?
The offer you have had seems ok to me and she could hold out to rent to somebody full time as it would be better for her salon to have full time nail and beauty cover.

Could you ask her if you could work on a commission basis until you have managed to get a good client base?
If you dont have any clients for the first couple of weeks then you are going to be £80 out of pocket every week.

Yes you might be out of pocket. Thats the risk of starting a business. You might make a fortune. Thats the upside.
Nobody can possibly expect to self employ and have somebody else take the risk!
If you want regular guaranteed money, then you should consider being employed by the salon

Latest posts

Back