Rent a space

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janine cowl

Reaction score
I was approached by a friend to rent a space in her hair salon last october. we opened in November at a new larger salon. my dad did all the plumbing and more which would have cost about £1500 for her to pay someone and my sisters boyfriend did about £800 work with them buying all the materials. with the thought that as i was starting up and this would pay off my rent, i've been paying 50% of advertising and admin costs etc since we opened and when i'm quite i help in the salon, answering the phone, making coffees etc, i've also been puying the consumables like tea and coffee. she now wants a percentage of what i'm taking and is asking for 20-30%

i'm just trying to find out what % other techs pay and what they get for that.

would appreceitate any help with this

dear Janine

If you are paying rent for the room then WHY does she now think that she is entitled to a percentage of your takings

i think you need to sort this out straight away hun

Hey,

I pay £10 per day & then 12.5% at the end of the month, this is in my contract, they wash my towels, take booking for me i dont pay for tea & stuff but they dont help advertise me thats up to me, I do have an A-Frame board which they do put outside for me as they are usually their b4 me.
Hope this helps dont forget everyone will be different, but i do think you should consider the contract thing as things like this wouldnt change when she felt like it.

Latest posts

Back