Rent and room issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Right here's the thing, I started renting just a room with my beauty buisness from a lady who also rents out the hair dresseing part, however i now do nails in the front of the salon aswell as having my beauty room out the back. I was paying £45 per week for just my room, however now i have taken over the nails the lady has told me my rent is going up to £100 per week, i am still waiting for alot of my equipment to come and when it does i have a spray tan booth but there is no space unless the hairdressing part got moved forward, i have spoken to the owner of the shop asking if she would be willing to and she said its between me and the hairdresser how we want it, however the hairdresser is having none of it! but im now paying an extra £55 for just a nail table, i think i should be allowed a little extra room. what should i do?

Can't you do nails in your room and save yourself the money?

it doesnt make a difference she is still moving the rent higher :( .. and plus i still need more space - should i just try and find another salon?! hrrrrrrrrrr i dont know what to do HELP?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :irked:

It's the Landlord's job to sort this out and I am guessing from your post that the reason no-one seems to know where they stand is because there is no paperwork to support either person?

Ask the Landlord to get something drawn up and at least you will then be able to renegotiate all terms afresh. That way you are also protected if the Landlord ever decided to boot you BOTH out!

Latest posts

Back