Renting a beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant123

Reaction score
Hey all
I have the option to rent a room to carry out beauty treatments, I already do this mobile and keep myself ticking over. All my clients like the fact I’m mobile, so the beauty room would need to be new clients.... where do I begin? Anyone got any advice, suggestions, pros and cons on how this all happens to make it a successful business
Thank you

Hi, are you stopping the mobile side?
If no, how will that work, mobile for day 1&2, then in the room for the others?

The salon is 2 set days. A Friday and Saturday and then I would continue mobile the others days

The salon is 2 set days. A Friday and Saturday and then I would continue mobile the others days

Depends if the salon are charging by the day or week? If by day, is anyone else using the room

It’s a day rate and no one else will be using the room. Just me

Some points you could consider!
Will the room be made available to rent to someone else on the days your not there?
Have you much competition in surrounding area?
What your niche will be?
Is the salon willing to help you in any way going bookings?

[emoji16]

It’s a day rate and no one else will be using the room. Just me
Personally I can never understand why someone will be ok with renting a room for 2 days thus losing 3/5ths of protencial revenue. My concern would be if someone came along and offered to rent for a full week, and they drop you like a ton of bricks for the extra rent

Personally I can never understand why someone will be ok with renting a room for 2 days thus losing 3/5ths of protencial revenue. My concern would be if someone came along and offered to rent for a full week, and they drop you like a ton of bricks for the extra rent
The plan will be to agree a contract between the 2 of us, I’ve put this to the salon owner and she is fine with me just doing the 2 days.

It amazes me that people think they can pay for a room for two days and expect the owner not to rent it out on other days. Anyway, I rented a room to a girl who was mobile and a lot of her customers ended up coming to salon instead as we had other things to offer them.

It amazes me that people think they can pay for a room for two days and expect the owner not to rent it out on other days. Anyway, I rented a room to a girl who was mobile and a lot of her customers ended up coming to salon instead as we had other things to offer them.
I asked for advice not criticism, the salon owner is fine with the arrangement, I don’t “expect” her to hold the room free it was her suggestion! Perhaps you need to rethink your wording in future

I asked for advice not criticism, the salon owner is fine with the arrangement, I don’t “expect” her to hold the room free it was her suggestion! Perhaps you need to rethink your wording in future

You have been given advice and an opinion. Did you not want both ? You need to chill out now and in the future.

Latest posts

Back