Renting a chair-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather1992

Reaction score
Hi I currently rent a chair in a salon and the girls are lovely however one of the terms is that I can not do promotions unless everyone agrees and puts on the same promotion and that I have to charge their prices.
I've not been there long and I'm struggling to get people in! It seems like they never really book the colours and things in with me just the blow drys and things and being level 4 qualified I'm finding it abit unfair.
Can anyone give me any advice how to get people in please?

Instagram it. So many people are turning to intastgram for advertising. #location #salon #locationsalon then hastag all the popular hair tags.

Everyone is connected by social media. Keeping active on social media. Advertising on places like gumtree (even if you're not dropping prices).

Now as for prices, I believe you should be able to drop your prices legally. However each salon has their own TOS. Have you considered maybe going to the owner and saying "If I post an add on gumtree (or whatever place you choose) and only there can I have a promotion to start getting me in clients? This is how it will benefit you."

Another thing I used to do would be to place adds in hostels. Hostels tend to be filled with either backpackers or people relocating and waiting for their place to be ready. Say someone from Italy is in a hostel, seeing your flyer plants a seed to say "Hey, this salon is local. I might check it out" and some of those clients can become long term. Although you can get loads of people who are time wasters so be wary.

Facebook also has loads of people who are looking for new hairdressers. Some places (community pages for example) allow you to post ads.

Instagram it. So many people are turning to intastgram for advertising. #location #salon #locationsalon then hastag all the popular hair tags.

Everyone is connected by social media. Keeping active on social media. Advertising on places like gumtree (even if you're not dropping prices).

Now as for prices, I believe you should be able to drop your prices legally. However each salon has their own TOS. Have you considered maybe going to the owner and saying "If I post an add on gumtree (or whatever place you choose) and only there can I have a promotion to start getting me in clients? This is how it will benefit you."

Another thing I used to do would be to place adds in hostels. Hostels tend to be filled with either backpackers or people relocating and waiting for their place to be ready. Say someone from Italy is in a hostel, seeing your flyer plants a seed to say "Hey, this salon is local. I might check it out" and some of those clients can become long term. Although you can get loads of people who are time wasters so be wary.

Facebook also has loads of people who are looking for new hairdressers. Some places (community pages for example) allow you to post ads.
Some really good ideas here thank you!!

Latest posts

Back