Renting a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beanzybaby

Reaction score
hello. im due to start renting a chair as a nail tech in a new beauty salon as a nail tech in a couple of weeks. i have young kids so am only going to be working the 4 days, weds-sat, but last time i spoke to the owner she tells me another tech will be renting the chair mon-tues.
is this cause for concern i know i wont be workin those days but she will still be takin some of my potential clients, and im not sure how it will work with all my products, looks like ill have to pack them all up at the end of every sat. would anyone else be worried in the same situation.
thanks all.

Hey there,

I totally understand your situation. At my salon, we are looking at the same situation.
I think the most important thing you should do is to get your cleints to book in with you, and make sure they rebook with you. Also, make sure you tell your clients the days you are in and also when they call up to book in with you ONLY. This will stop the other girl poaching your clients when you are not there. The other thing that is really effective is to give something extra to your client that the other girl is not giving. Then let your clients go to the other girl. you will be amazed how many of them comes back to you because they actually really love the way you do it.

Hope this helps,
Helen:)

hi, yeh it does thanks for your thoughts. so long as i stress to rebook with me, and i give the best possible service i can i should be ok.
like you say ill have to come up with some ideas to go that extra mile.
i just worry as this is my first job as a nail tech, and to go straight into renting a chair is a scarey thing for me. thanks again for your suggestions. rachel.:lol:

my friend is in the same position as you and she and the other girl have come to an agreement that they will not poach each others clients. i know this relys on an element of trust , and you are trusting a stranger. but maybe if you meet the other girl and say this is what you would to suggest? Its worth a try and you may find that the other is worrying about the same thing as you!

tigi

thanks for the link i will take a look.
and yeh i definatly think it will be a good idea if we meet, be nice to think we could work along side each other and not against.
we've come up against another dilemma now, as far as i was aware we had agreed to have the same price, now the owner has just told me she wants to charge £3 less than what i do for a set. and now i dont know what to do have any other option but to lower my price? im sooo confused and stressed out!!!!!!!!!!!
any help would be really appriated.x

Latest posts

Back