Repairs...HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Guys I need your help,

I've tried doing a search on this subject but I can't find what I'm looking for, so here goes.

How do I repair a nail enhancement that has split at the stress area at the side. I have been told that I need to file a "v" in to it but does that mean I file a "v" so that the split in the center of it or file it so the "V" is one side filed and one side split?:( Does that make sense.

:o I know should already know this bu we were only shown this once at training. I have just been soaking the dameged ones off but I know that this is not the correct way unless is absolutely ness.... can't remember how to spell it:o lol!

Cheers guys xxxxx

i would try and fix it with abit of fibreglass and resin if it was just a slight split if not i would soak the nail off and start again. HTH katielou

I would file the V with the split in the centre then file it away :biggrin:

andrelax said:
Guys I need your help,

I've tried doing a search on this subject but I can't find what I'm looking for, so here goes.

How do I repair a nail enhancement that has split at the stress area at the side. I have been told that I need to file a "v" in to it but does that mean I file a "v" so that the split in the center of it or file it so the "V" is one side filed and one side split?:( Does that make sense.

:o I know should already know this bu we were only shown this once at training. I have just been soaking the dameged ones off but I know that this is not the correct way unless is absolutely ness.... can't remember how to spell it:o lol!

Cheers guys xxxxx

Hi there......filing a v.......can be difficult to explain...I usually draw a diagram in class!!...
but I think you already have the answer...You file above and below the crack in a v that way you file the crack away and you will have a valley for your bead to be placed into and then just press & smooth it in....a light buff with your abrasive and use your oil then buff to a high gloss shine....invisibly mended in 5 mins......

Much better than 15 mins to soak it off and 15 mins to replace whole nail!!!

OK i'm going to try to explain the 'v' thing....if the crack was the little line on the ruler saying 1cm (or whatever) then you would file either side of that line until the line had disappeared, a bit like blending the line of a tip, without filing on the natural nail, so....file from one side and then the other until you have blended the line away. MUCH easier, when you get the knack, than soaking off, less time-comsuming - it should take 2-4 minutes!! Also much less harmful and you will become adept at it with practice!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers guys I'll let you know how it goes.

Good tip guys thanks for that i didnt know you could do that and have always reapplyed the whle nail wont do in fture though.
x

scattyfox said:
Good tip guys thanks for that i didnt know you could do that and have always reapplyed the whle nail wont do in fture though.
x

A real time saver....but always beware the client who cracked the nail over a week ago and thought it would be a good idea to put some superglue on it to hold it together until her next appointment!!!....or the client who put an elastoplast on it for a week....best to soak off these little beauties!!

izzidoll said:
A real time saver....but always beware the client who cracked the nail over a week ago and thought it would be a good idea to put some superglue on it to hold it together until her next appointment!!!....or the client who put an elastoplast on it for a week....best to soak off these little beauties!![/quote
My client just told me that she put top coat over the crack. Does that mean I have to soak off?

I think you will get away with that as it will remove ok with your acetone free remover and once you have filed your v you will sanitise the part of natural nail with Scrubfresh or whatever product your system uses.....It is the superglue that is the scourge of the nail tech...God alone knows what she has sealed in their with it!!........Sorry to panic you.....!!
Oh and even though it onlly takes 5 mins...it is your 5 mins so charge accordingly even if it is just a £1

Latest posts

Back