Research required please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DataDave

Reaction score
Hello

I hope you can help me. I am in IT and technical and not a hairdresser. I work as a Cancer data analyst during the day, and want to make a bit more extra cash in the evening by utilising my technical skills. (no harm there I suppose.)

Anyway, I was having my hair cut in my local salon and spotted he didn't have a database (electronic customer list) in place. I have started to put one together that holds contact information for his customers, so he doesn't have to use his paper based contacts system. This system I am developing also stores the type and condition of hair of the client, when they last visited, any notes, the member of staff the customer has. Anyway, I don't think I have enough of the type of information that a hair salon requires. So, here is my question:

Please can you give me some kind of idea of what type of information a hair salon would require from an electronic customer database system. I just need to gage an idea of what the requirements are from people who actually work in that environment. It doesnt need to be as appointment booking system, but can link it to a calendar.

Many Thanks in advance.

David

Latest posts

Back