Response from Leaflet drop? (Mobile Tech)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit, I did countless numbers of leaflet drops and yet 100% of my clients are all word of mouth. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try it though. Some are luckier than others, I guess.

I just found that the leaflet drops were hard work and you have to get rid of an awful lot to get a few back. Can't beat recommendation - get the clients to do the hard work for you!!

Good Luck to you,

Julie Parkin said:
I must admit, I did countless numbers of leaflet drops and yet 100% of my clients are all word of mouth. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try it though. Some are luckier than others, I guess.

I just found that the leaflet drops were hard work and you have to get rid of an awful lot to get a few back. Can't beat recommendation - get the clients to do the hard work for you!!

Good Luck to you,

Hi Julie you are so right.

I just wanted to add to this if you are at the stage when you don't have any customers then leaflets are the first step in gaining a cusomer base.

When i was a newbie to nails I found that leafleting got me a nice trickle of customers which built my confidence and now I am gettin recommendation which is the best for definate.

I have had very similar experiences with leaflet drops but have still done them even just to get 1 extra client!

In my area I have found that I get 2-3 clients from every 500 leaflets, which is a lot of hard work for very little reward.....but.....at least it is something when you are just starting up.

Like others I initially targeted the brand new estates and the posh houses thinking they had lots of money...but I think they are so caught up in their huge mortgages that they have very little disposal income. The majority of my clients come from either cheaper rented property or council property as they have more of a disposal income as they do not have massive over the top mortgages to pay.

I hope it goes well....If you are doing a leaflet drop in the evening....please take someone with you as I once have a rather un-nerving experience when delivering leaflets and had a man following me...so please take a friend!!!

Got the blisters to show it! Hard work dropping leaflets, I did 250 and got 2 phone calls.

I was told that 1 - 2 out of a hundred was a good response for a leaflet drop. I've had a 2 -3% response with bookings although not all have kept their appointments and it seems they only wanted their nails for the summer anyway. Yell.com has worked better for me. Loads of enquiries and a few clients.

I done a drop in may 2004 and i'm still waiting for a response.......

louisenewell said:
I done a drop in may 2004 and i'm still waiting for a response.......

Remember ladies that a leaflet doesnt guarantee a reponse was their a strong call to action on this? Did you do another drop since then.

I have found that it can take a second leaflet for to some times get the response you want -

Look at at this way i receive takeaways leaftlets through my door every week but it doesnt mean I am going to ring them there and then, but those that persist and have a good menu with a fair price or a good call to action go on my pin board and get the call when I am in the market for their services.

I beleive thisis the same for any business selling via leafleting that it doesnt always work the first time, so don't be dishearted Louise and if I were you I would do another drop in the same area the people that read your leaflet might just think to themselves - that nail technicians still in business, she must be good i think I'll give her a call - i know people have with my and I cant be the exception to the rule.

Half of my clients are from a leaflet drop. Personally I think its worth a go.

x

Hiya

I've done a leaflet drop in the local carpark (free parking, so used lots). I did 100 cars & didn't get one reply!!!!

I have put ad's in the local paper and that it the best advertising (so far). I normally get 2 replies per ad, although it is now petering off.

As soon as the next phone book comes out I will be putting an ad in there.

The other great advertising I have is putting my cards in beauty salons, etc. If you know the people in the salons all the better! Also, try to do the nails of people like hairdressers etc, the amount of people that see their nails, the best advertising out there!

~ Adelle (NZer)

I've done the drops and got nothing back, I did the local paper for a few months and nothing! I handed out leaflets in the right places in my uniform and where people could ask me questions (school, outside church etc) and a few asked me...........are you the girl who has the ad in the paper!
They do see it but apparently you need to see something 5 times before you do something about it (excludes shoes & handbags!)

I've got a one-line free ad in the Yellow Pages and have had a few enquiries but for treatments that I don't do (lol!). The only other advertising I've done has been leaflets, I designed and printed off the original then got it copied at a printers. It cost me £170 for 1,000 which is alot to shell out in one go. I did an introductory offer of 25% off for that month and got 25 bookings from it. Only trouble is that they nearly all booked my cheapest treatments and not one of them has rebooked - maybe I'm just crap, who knows?!

Having said that, two ladies have rung this month to book a treatment cos they kept my leaflet on their message boards at home, which was the original idea of doing it. now my sprogs are back at school I think I'll get some more printed off and trawl around another few streets - am not doing a tri-folded one though this time cos it's just too expensive - will just condense down the info and do it on a one-sided A5 leaflet and get it professionally guillotined.

My kids parties though have all been word of mouth. Am gonna have a little box in Yellow Pages next year with more info bout what I do so hopefully that will drag those ole customers through my door!!!!!!!

I have to say that i posted business cards that i got from Vista print as they are cheap to get and so far i have had about 3 clients from 210 cards, so not bad. I also just stick to people in my area and roads near by. or places that are within my radius as i'm mobile.

A recent client had had my card for months pinned on her board, so don't xpect an immediate responce. I have to say i got more from my YP add which isn't that big than from cards i post.

You can only try it and see as people from different areas get a varied responce. Good luck.

You would normally expect response time to be within a day or two in areas where there hasn't been a nail salon, from peeps who LOVE nails, then you will also receive responses WEEKS and even MONTHS later, flier has been kept for the special occasions....you must put out the numbers, as many doors as poss, work it out financially..if you spend all day posting 200 and get one client who then turns into a regular who spends £500 - 600 per annum with you, don't you think it may just be worth it...always think long term...pay your relatives, neighbour's kids, etc to get your fliers out the more you do the higher the chance of success (unlike the lottery!!!)

Latest posts

Back