retailing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfprincessem

Reaction score
hey geeks, before you all shout 'SEARCH THREADS' bare with me i already have lol! i am in the process of setting up a home based salon and am thinking of retailing some cosmetics, and was wondering if any of you know how to go about it. Is there only certain companys that will let you retail there products and do they have to check out where they are retailed and how they are displayed etc, any pointers would be appreciated. Do you guys retail anything, and if so what? x

what about avon or mary kay? i've looked into retailing marykay at my station (when i get one!) and they have no problem with it, no guidelines or quotas to spend, they actually encourage retailing whatever you can where ever you can.

Oh! and i've seen the line of bed head cosmetics, the displays are GORGEOUS! here's a link to their website

http://www.tigihaircare.com/us/whatsnew/section4.asp

I retail a lot of different stuff from home, and I sell a lot too.

Main things that have helped me are a well stocked display that I change around every month. It's funny how people say, oh that's new, and it's not it's just that they haven't noticed it before. I do add new things quite a lot too so it gets attention.

The other thing is I have a credit card machine, it costs me about £1.50 a day (plus a £200 initial set up fee :irked: ), but I wouldn't be without it. People are definitely spending more as a result - I took nearly £100 alone yesterday from retail, and that was just from 2 clients!!

Strangely the one thing I don't sell is makeup, so I'll be interested to see how well this does for others.

Latest posts

Back