Returning spray tan customers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered, if you don't mind helping, those of you spray tanners how many tans you do and how many of them are return clients?

I'm interested to know and what solution you use if you don't mind me asking.

I'm setting up a new business where I have moved and haven't got anything to compare it to as I was only in York a year and had two or three very regular clients.

Thanks again
!!

i'd say only a few of mine are week in week out tanners, the majority just have it done as and when they are going out, and some never return! :eek: :green:

I am using Sienna X at the moment but have used Tantrick, find i'm getting more repeat business with the Sienna but that could be a coincidence? and the fact that I got my needle sorted which is a good thing! :)

If you offer a course then you should get a lot of repeat customers. I say around 30% of clients return regularly every 1-2 weeks. So roughly around 10-15 of my clients.

The rest would be pre-holiday, wedding, prom and night out clients. Although they tend to return for other treatments I offer.

With the release of so many spray tan off the counter tans that clients can buy these days there is a downturn in pro tanning. 1 bottle off the shelf for £10 can do 2-4 tans. Where a client has to pay £15-£30 in a salon for one treatment. With the uncertainty of the economy more people are tightening their belts and looking for cheaper alternatives.

The staple treatments though, that clients can't really do themselves are always the best ways to go.

Tanning is a great add on, if you want to capture business on a more one off basis. I target body building gyms, schools for proms, wedding parties etc which can keep you busy. I tie this in with male waxing (for body builders, sportsmen etc), makeup and nail/eyelash extensions for wedding and proms etc. Hitting this market means a regular flow of clients but they may be more one offs. However I tend to have a high retention with waxing.

Don't try and just keep and maintain regulars, always look for new business in different places to keep you in business. Quiet weeks can be used as specials such as half price tanning week etc.

Kate x

Thanks everyone

Kate do you mind me asking which tan solution you use?

Thanks!

I have four die hard every week return clients.. come winter, spring, summer and autumn.

A lot of my other clients pop in monthly, if they are going out for the evening.... got a dance championship, just to feel good etc etc...

Then I have clients that come on recommendation who are going on holiday or just feeling like having a tan.

I see many returns during the year, so its all positive. I like having brand new clients actually as they see what other treatments they can get at my salon and I often start seeing them on regular basis be it for tans or what ever else they fancy having done.

One thing I don 't get (thank goodness) is complaints... I just love my tanning :green::green:

Sorry hun I use Fake Bake!

I have the choice with it whether to do a cream application or a spray.

Kate x

i use solglo and my clients love it.I charge £20 for full body and £10 for the shimmer solution.This product is good because you can potentially make more money as they have shimmer too.
I find a lot of the younger clients come back regular. Others will just come if they want to look good before a holiday,party or wedding.
You can always put on offers to make your clients come back.Give them a discount voucher for their next visit.I give them half price if they bring a friend and although you wont make much on the half price one,you will have a new customer and she is a walking advert for your spray tan!!

Latest posts

Back