Reverse Application...Have you seen it yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, ya know Creative have been using this technique and before them it was NSI. I remember a gel sculpting course I did with NSI about five years ago and they used this method way back then.....infact Ive still got the video (must dig it out)
But what a great idea to switch this technique to acrylic sculpting. V. Clever

Anyone tried it yet?

I do it this way as well fell into by accident and have i been told off for it since, i am a bit cackhanded when it comes to nails and it works okay for me but i am even more cackhanded than most.

i apply tip and blend. apply zone 3 then zone 2 then shape my smile and apply zone 3, havent ahd a problem with my apex's doing it this way.

Mind you Liza did say when i get over there she will break me of the habit lol
x

As I said this technique is not new and has been around for years.

Creative only use it for Brisa GEL because you get a sharper smile with gels which normally are not known for sharpness.

It is not an efficient technique with L&P IMO ... well not if you can do smile lines beautifully anyway.

I certainly would not change to this technique for instance ... unless sculpting in a competition and then I would still do 1,2 3 but push my product up to the natural nail smile that had been filed in beforehand.

geeg said:
Creative only use it for Brisa GEL because you get a sharper smile with gels which normally are not known for sharpness.

It is not an efficient technique with L&P IMO ... well not if you can do smile lines beautifully anyway.

I.

Maybe i may have more joy with gel then Geeg lol, but i am not gonna give in i will master l&p first and get my tutor to break my bad habits, cackhanded or not :)

Oh !!!! Don't know if I like the sounds of this Frenchy. Don't think I could be arsed. It's a bit round the houses to get to the same place isn't it?

I know what you mean Kimmi. I thought exactly the same,
but I like trying out something new and different

Its so effective with L&P too. Especially sculpted glitter tips....no irritating bits of glitter left in the nail bed.
Somehow it cuts my time down too.

But theres no true and holy way to work and whatever suits you hun

Let me know if your give it a whirl...go on, ya know you want to!!!!

I gave it a go today...on my hand trainer (had a few spare hours) and it was ok...i suppose its one of those things like everything...practice...I suppose knowing a few different ways is better than only knowing 1...at least that way you can pick which suits you best.

frenchy said:
Let me know if your give it a whirl...go on, ya know you want to!!!!

Ok, but if it all goes wrong, I'm gonna say that you told me to do it. LOL xxx

Absolutely Nailstyle. Glad you had a go though.

Kimmi....and what if it all goes right? guess you'll take all the credit then. LOL
Good luck

Latest posts

Back