rhinestones and free edge problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

any1 have any advice on what best to stick these on with and best
way to remove.
also does any1 else have the problem of when natural nails grow back
under extensions, there is dirt trapped under the free edge(between
nail extension and natural nail) how do you combat this problem?
thanx
x

Most technicians just stick the rhinestones in the top coat and sometimes cover with a further coat.

As to the 'curling' you are seeing.
go to Site Stuff and click on the article "curlingonysuckis" by the Nail Geek. It will tell you all you need to know.

Most issues are covered on the excellent articles and tutorials on this site. It can be your greatest learning tool.

The only way I ever stick on stones is by using a little top coat on the given area & placing the stone onto it applying a little pressure, not too much though as they can be slippery little blighters.

Removing, well you could soak them off with some polish remover/acetone, this can damage enhancements though. The only other way is to flick them off, probably not very professional but it works.

As for the dirt & grime that collects between the natural nail & enchancements, my Mummy uses Bubble White. Another tip is to use a toothbrush which cleans all sorts of nooks & crannys.

i thought i was the only one who had the problem of dirt between natural nail and extension. i had heard somewhere that cuticle oil used under free edge would prevent it but i always forget to put it under there!it looks really unsightly i think. even if it isnt mucky under there, mine look awful underneath as i have bright white french tips on and my natural nails grow but they are far from bright white! i wish i could make them stop! does anyone else think the natural nails seem to grow faster when extensions are worn?

i use a glue to stick down rhinestones so they dont pop off, but lastnight i had to file off my own and it took ages, tried using acetone on a cotton bud to soak off a couple but didnt want to melt my nails.

thanku for all advice u lovely people
x

Hi
I use star nails sealer then top coat. it depends on the design if the rhinestones are to be really secure then add another coat. the sealer is quite thick so they set. Removing them can sometimes be a problem. I wipe away polish and gently file around the stone on one edge to loosen so acetone can get under.
Just removed stones from my toes that were in 1 1/2 weeks!

Latest posts

Back