rhinestones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
If I apply rhinestones to my own nails, how should I do it? Is it easier to use tweezers to place them on and would you put them on top of still tacky topcoat and then apply another coat over or is it better to glue them on and then put topcoat on? If I use glue, how do I stop myself gluing loads of rhinestones to my fingers instead of my nails? lol!

Helen, I have a thing I bought from the show which is like a cocktail stick but thicker and a little almost like eyeshadow sort of box thing which has a sticky wax in it - run the stick over the wax, pick up the rhinestone and put on - I have also used a cocktail stick with a bit of blu tac on it - just as effective!

plus a steady hand helps! lol!!!

Here's how I do it. get a blob of blue tack on an orange wood cuticle stick, or a cocktail stick. Get your rhinestones all out and counted and facing the right way up. Then put a layer of clear nail varnish on your nail and straight away pick up the rhinestones with the blue tack stick and place on the wet varnish. When they have dried, put another layer of clear varnish over the top of them to seal them in. Easy peasy.

yep, you said what i was wafflin on about! must be that time of year!

Hi Helen

I usually dab a small bit of clear nail varnish of my nail where I want the rhinestones to go, then using a cocktail stick, pick them up one by one.

When you place it on your nail it should go exactly where you want it, if not direct it with the stick!

Works a treat everytime :D

Cameo Val said:
Here's how I do it. get a blob of blue tack on an orange wood cuticle stick, or a cocktail stick. Get your rhinestones all out and counted and facing the right way up. Then put a layer of clear nail varnish on your nail and straight away pick up the rhinestones with the blue tack stick and place on the wet varnish. When they have dried, put another layer of clear varnish over the top of them to seal them in. Easy peasy.

right, blu tac and orange sticks, I have both of those in my house so thats the method for me! thanks val and louise. If I get stuck I will have to hop on the x14 to boro val and get you to do em for me! lol!

rachel_1984 said:
Hi Helen

I usually dab a small bit of clear nail varnish of my nail where I want the rhinestones to go, then using a cocktail stick, pick them up one by one.

When you place it on your nail it should go exactly where you want it, if not direct it with the stick!

i do the same racheal but i wet my orange stick and find it picks them up one by one with no problems, then just go over with a top coat of clear

jules x

OOOOOPPS sorry Helen, forgot to change my location thing over. I was supposed to be moving back to the boro at Christmas but the house sale fell through. So for a bit I am still living in Nottigham. I'm off to alter my profile stuff again now.

Val

rachel_1984 said:
Hi Helen

thanks hun x x

Cameo Val said:
OOOOOPPS sorry Helen, forgot to change my location thing over. I was supposed to be moving back to the boro at Christmas but the house sale fell through. So for a bit I am still living in Nottigham. I'm off to alter my profile stuff again now.

Val

LOL well that would have been a long bus-ride thats for sure! PMSL

I use a marbelling tool with a little white tack on the end.
If you want them to stay there for ages,
Put a little UV Gel over L&P which has been buffed with 180/240 and cleansed.
place your "Thing of choice" into position. lock it under uv light for 10 seconds and then put another coat of UV Gel over the top of that and cure under uv light for 2 minutes (or time stated on bottle) to encapsulate the "ART".
Wipe inhibition layer away and Bobs your aunty! it's going nowhere until the next rebalance!(brill for gel on toes too!)

i use a cocktail stick, pointy at one end, blunt at the other. wet the blunt end to pick up the rhinestone and use the pointy end if, after you've placed it, you don't get the position quite right and need to push it around a little. i place my rhinestones on wet enamel. then apply a top coat. stays on fine. in fact, i've had to really pick at them to get them off even when i've used remover.

This is what i do, place a drop of nail glue onto a paint pallet,using a cocktail
stick i pick up a drop of glue and place it onto the area of the nail,then using another cocktail stick with white tac on the end i pick up the rhinestone and pop it into place.Then use a top coat.The glue is easy to get off the paint pallet.Job done.

thanks everyone I have put them on this morning with an orange stick and a bit of blu tac - so technical arent i? lol!

Latest posts

Back