Rippled gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natc

Reaction score
Hi, i use calgel and when i am doing french i allways find i have to put two thin layers of the white on to get the full density of the colour, i have tryed to put the gel on slightly thicker but the gel ripppes,could it have anything to do with the lamp or is the thickness? i'm trying to get my speed up.thanks

Hiya,
I also use Calgel. Have you tried "competition white Calgel". It's much brighter white and I find I only need one coat that, but need two coats of the normal white, like you. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should order a pot and see if it helps.
Debbie

I have used competition white but i find thats even worse than 01, do you think my bulbs might need changing?

Hi there i was told if you apply too much gel then the top of the gel only cures leaving the underneath not cured, therefore leaving a rippled effect. try thinner layer and see if this works. You can also test your bulbs to see if they need changing - by putting a small dot of clear gel onto form cure for 30 seconds and then lift gel off if it is wet underneath then your bulbs need changing. Hope this helps

alisondenn said:
Hi there i was told if you apply too much gel then the top of the gel only cures leaving the underneath not cured, therefore leaving a rippled effect. try thinner layer and see if this works. You can also test your bulbs to see if they need changing - by putting a small dot of clear gel onto form cure for 30 seconds and then lift gel off if it is wet underneath then your bulbs need changing. Hope this helps

what a good tip!!!! never heard this one before, will go and test mine now!! lol!

Sounds as if you need to apply too thin layers and cure.

i use biosculpture and i know that the two are fairly similar so this may help....

i often have the same problem with bio, esp when i first start a new pot (when white gel is quite runny, it seems to thicken up as it is used). so first off, i always make sure the gel is really well stirred.

i have also noticed that if the client takes theie hand out from under the lamp in the first 30sec-1min, the gel will start to ripple, even if it is put back under the lamp straightaway. soooo.... i think it may be something to do with the lamp / curing process... def worth ordering new bulbs.. change em, see if it's any better!

if it makes no difference, you havent really lost anything,, as you will neded to use the bulbs at some point i the future!

hth x

Latest posts

Back