ruined brush - gutted!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiG

Reaction score
Am soooooooo angry at myself!!! Just done a rebalance on a client. I left my brush as my client got an eyelash in her eye and went a bit mad! I went back and product was on my brush!!! Gutted!!! I loved my brush!! I'm soooo stupid.

i've had my moan now. lol

Sam xx

Ive done this a few times and my brush has recovered quite well. Can you fix it?

I did this once, when I came back to my brush it was rockhard & full of L&P !!:eek: When I'd stopped panicking I soaked it in monomer and then used bluetack to fasten it upside down onto the side of the window with a dappen dish sat underneath on the sill and left it until it had softened again, it was eventually saved! got this tip from my educator at CND, HTH :hug:

Hi there - sorry to hear about your brush. I've got a spare handle - Creative Prostyler Brush, if you bought a new replacement head you could save a fortune. These brushes are great in cases such as these as you just have to get a new brush head rather than the whole thing being ruined!

Let me know what you think,

Claire

Soak the brush head in monomer, then when the acrylic is softened, gently pushh it off the brush (direction of flag) with an orange stick/wooden cuticle pusher. If theres still acrylic on the brush then soak it again etc. Good luck xx

I ruined one of my brand new well (2 week old brushes) on my creative course. Couldnt have wiped it completely and it stuck to the case of its coffin and was a bit hard on one edge thought I could make it better and stu[idly ended up cutting it and ruined it hence had to get another new one wont do that again in a hurry am so carefull with its cleaning now and also when I lay it in its brush coffin I give it a little pillow and a blanket lol!!!

SammiG said:
Am soooooooo angry at myself!!! Just done a rebalance on a client. I left my brush as my client got an eyelash in her eye and went a bit mad! I went back and product was on my brush!!! Gutted!!! I loved my brush!! I'm soooo stupid.

i've had my moan now. lol

Sam xx

HIya Sam - long time no speak

Take a dappen dish fill it with monomer - put it on a towel on your kitchen worktop then blue-tak your brush so just he flags of the brush sit in the monomer and leave it to soak over night this can sometimes help to realease the cured product from the brush...you then just run the brush through couch roll - it may take a while but it could be worth it in the end...

HTH

Latest posts

Back