S Gel - Bio sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi everyone

For those who have been using the S Gel have you had any problems with it? Have you noticed any difference?

A couple of problems here:

1) 2 clients have been having problems with the gel adhering to their nails, chipping mainly to start with, some coming off completely!

1 of the clients is a regular client and has had coloured gel before and never had any problems whatsoever. I'm not saying this is the reason, but it suddenly dawned on me that I had used the S gel on both these ladies and wondered if this could be causing a problem. One had a colour and the other a french. I did remember to cure for 3 mins and put the S gel on as the last coat.

One other factor could be is that I'm sure both said their nails were a little flaky lately, but that would surely only effect the free edge?

2) When I put a new colour on this client 2/3 weeks ago, and put the top layer on as S Gel, after curing 1 thumb starting to go dull. Almost like when you breathe on a window pane. I then tried to put another layer on as I thought maybe I hadn't cured it enough and the same thing happened again. The other fingers and thumb were fine - weird.

Any thoughts?

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi everyone

For those who have been using the S Gel have you had any problems with it? Have you noticed any difference?

A couple of problems here:

1) 2 clients have been having problems with the gel adhering to their nails, chipping mainly to start with, some coming off completely!

1 of the clients is a regular client and has had coloured gel before and never had any problems whatsoever. I'm not saying this is the reason, but it suddenly dawned on me that I had used the S gel on both these ladies and wondered if this could be causing a problem. One had a colour and the other a french. I did remember to cure for 3 mins and put the S gel on as the last coat.

One other factor could be is that I'm sure both said their nails were a little flaky lately, but that would surely only effect the free edge?

2) When I put a new colour on this client 2/3 weeks ago, and put the top layer on as S Gel, after curing 1 thumb starting to go dull. Almost like when you breathe on a window pane. I then tried to put another layer on as I thought maybe I hadn't cured it enough and the same thing happened again. The other fingers and thumb were fine - weird.

Any thoughts?

Deb379
well i must admit im not sure about it either- i havent tried it on many people but i didnt think it lasted so well on a couple of ladies-lifted. also, it hardly seems any stronger- im not sure if its much different. i wont bother buying it again-like sealer-im never quite sure of its benefits!

Hi

Yesterday I decided to leave the S Gel off this client with the coloured gel to see if it makes any difference, I told her to let me know if she has problems between now and her next appointment. I'll let you know

I don't think I'll bother with the sealer gel next time either.

Deb379

hi

are you using sanitiser to remove s gel layer or acetone free remover.

i found that the acetone free layer stopped it looking dull

hth

hi there, did you put s gel onto the natural nail, if so this could be why you are having problems, apparently you must put a layer of clear on first, plus when adding colour i was told to put colour gel ontop of s gel.
i too have had problems with one of my regular ladies, she has never had any gel come off till her last application, she spoke to me today to say she had lost gel off five fingers. i forgot to put the clear layer on first.
hope this is a help for you.

you also need to remove sticky layer AND buff surface of gel with a fine grit before applying S-Gel.
I have found it to be stronger and long lasting.
Did you get the full instructions when you received the gel?
It needs to be used slightly differently from the other gel.
Don't know why yoru top layer should be dulling, sorry!

hope this helps

hi jane,
did you get full instructions when u purchased s gel, as all i got was a cr**y a5 typed sheet with very very basic instructions.!!! to be honest not the best info.
have you attended the s gel training course? if so was it worth it .
kind regards

Hi

Did the advanced course where they covered the S gel, recommended using in between layers or on top, also received typed up instructions with the gel. I remember Bio distinctly warning us not to put straight onto natural nail otherwise you wont be able to soak it off.

I only used the S Gel as top layer in both instances.

I use the sanitiser but the dullness only happened on the one nail.

I can't remember now whether I removed the sticky layer and buffed before putting the S gel on. That could be the problem, but wouldn't the other layers of gel stay on? Might try it on me to see what happens, but good point.

Cheers
Debx

I've mostly used s-gel to do sculptures and it seems to be ok with them. I've also used it as a final layer and I dont think anything much went wrong with it.

Its sometime so difficult to find out whether its really the gels or perhaps what the clients are doing at home?

You will find that at times all your overlays are perfectly ok on all the clients and another time all sorts of strange things happen.

To me, the sealer gel has a purpose, it protects the colour gel - so when you wipe off for example there is no colour coming off. I guess clear and s-gel would do the same trick.

I think its all trial and error....

Latest posts

Back