sadly closed my salon on 7th march

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
hi guys

im gutted at the moment feeling really low
due to my long term relationship breakdown

i was forced to close the salon as i couldnt afford to keep it running finacially as i couldnt put the hours in being a lone parent with 3 children

couldnt rely on staff and couldnt take the pressure anymore
sadly its now closed after being a huge success

on a happier note i have managed to keep my regular clients who wish to stick by me an visit me at home

it was hard work but worth the experience time for me to move on.

anyone else been through this ?

Sorry to hear you've closed your salon Haylay, But on a positive note at least your clients are loyal and have stuck with you.
Good Luck you deserve it :Love:

im sorry to hear this, you must be gutted. but chin up you never no whats round the corner, im shore one day you will open up anouther fantastic salon.. lots of luck.

lell said:
Sorry to hear you've closed your salon Haylay, But on a positive note at least your clients are loyal and have stuck with you.
Good Luck you deserve it :Love:

thanks lesley

yep thats true they are lovely clients i have made and now become close friends and thanks to the salon i wouldnt have met them without that.

what lovely signature where did you get it from ?

Hi Hayley..
yes ive had exactly the same thing!! I was earning more having the shop but paying out ssoo much! i was putting in loads of hours and then reality struck and i realised i was missing out on too much of our family life for what? when you compare what i was earning then and paying out and what i earn now with no real overheads i am better off now. I work half the time i did before and there is no stress. I was gutted when i left my shop felt like the end of the world, i dont regret doing it because ive at least had a go, but in all honesty best thing i ever did was handing them keys back. Give it a few days, get out there servicing those loyal clients of yours and im sure your start to feel the relief too.
Best of luck xx
Donna

Im sorry to hear Haley.xxxx

Always things change.........You grow...........
Sound's like you had alot on your plate.
One person can only do so much..................
With your passion for your work, something will fall into place for you.
I too had young children & some heartache.
But I'll always admit it was my children n Nail's that got me through...........[family & friends included]
All the bestxxxxxxxxx
Kind Regards
xx jnail xx oZ XX

Hi Haley

Sorry to hear your news. Like Donna says you might find that with no overheads and staff and keeping your regulars you might actually make more money than you did before. Plus you will have more time with the children and much less stress.

I have never had to close a salon, but I have been through a divorce with kids in tow - not nice at all. The thing is you never know what is around the next corner. If I had never been married to Mr Wrong I would never have met Mr Right!!!!!

Chin up - gooduns like you never stay down for long :hug:

Very sorry to hear about your closure. I opened my salon about 5 months ago and know very well how much of your time it takes up. You say you have kept your regs, so there is hope in the future for Haylznailz to emerge once more. you have done it once and you WILL do it again. i wish for you the best of luck xx

Sorry to hear your news Hayley. All these things happen for a reason and maybe its just not evident to you yet. Its so nice that your clients have stayed loyal and become such good friends. Hope all turns out well for your future, which I am sure it will - you sound like a really nice lady. :hug: :hug:

That's tough Hayley! I am sorry you had to go through that even though there will have been some positive experinces to take away with you! Less overheads now I guess!!!:eek:

Mrs Geek said:
That's tough Hayley! I am sorry you had to go through that even though there will have been some positive experinces to take away with you! Less overheads now I guess!!!:eek:

arh thanks for all your nice posts

cheers you up when your down and makes you look on the postive side of things, like you say things happen in life for a reason

i have a passion for nails an this wont be the end believe you me

i guess ill have more time to spend on the site and keep on learning

thanks guys xx

haylznailz said:
thanks lesley

yep thats true they are lovely clients i have made and now become close friends and thanks to the salon i wouldnt have met them without that.

what lovely signature where did you get it from ?

Hi hayley,
Nail sig was made by peterpan on this site she is a gem :hug:
Nicernails Logo done by a friend

Good luck. I wish you all the best. I have been in a similar position and I want you to know that things can only get better and they do. I got a fabulous new husband who is more of a dad to my kids than their sperm donor! I have been able to fullfill myself with his help and encouragement.:Kissing:

Haley, I'm sorry to hear your news. (and I thought I was having a bad time of it)
I'm a big beleiver in fet'e and things always happen for a reason. I lost a salon before I even opened it a few months ago (Landlord trouble) If I had gone in to it, I would never have had the chance in finishing my masters or been given the opportunities I've been given in the last month or so.
You might think your at rock bottom now but trust me.. something good will happen. Just think, you can see more of the kids, work from home in your time, cash in hand and nobody need know. Maybe this is just the begining not the end. I wish you lots of luck though. Your doing a sterling job hun! all the best x

haylznailz said:
hi guys

im gutted at the moment feeling really low
due to my long term relationship breakdown

i was forced to close the salon as i couldnt afford to keep it running finacially as i couldnt put the hours in being a lone parent with 3 children

couldnt rely on staff and couldnt take the pressure anymore
sadly its now closed after being a huge success

on a happier note i have managed to keep my regular clients who wish to stick by me an visit me at home

it was hard work but worth the experience time for me to move on.

anyone else been through this ?

Here's a big hug for ya darl, this is a difficult time for you. Heres what my Nan said to me when I was going through a difficult time, and their were never truer word,s spoken .You will get through it.As we close one door another one slowly opens, look on the next road of your life as an adventure you really never know whats round the corner.
Bless you
Kath

Hayley....sorry about your salon closure Luv....but hey! everyone has said this already....your client base has stuck by ya mate....and thats positive in the sense that you can still follow you passion for nails!
:hug:
Cheer up.....all things happen for a reason babe! :Love:

I`m sorry to hear that Hayley, you put so much work into that salon and it was beautiful too. I know exactly what its like to be knocked down, I`ve been there several times over the years but it can and will get better. You have kept your clients so all is not lost, you just need to adjust now to being a single mum and trust me there, its not all bad, they can`t play one off against the other for a start, lol.
Chin up, and on a more positive note, we`ll have more of your company on here won`t we?

Sorry to hear of you closure but its lovely to hear that your clients are loyal.
Good luck for the future Mate!

Sorry to hear your news, but pleased your clients are standing by you.

Think you could do with a few of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back