Sales calls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Ive recently put my details on some of the free sites (yell.com, gum tree etc) and ive already had a couple of sales calls...is it best to just say no...or are some of them worth thinking about?

Ive read a few stories of regret and scams on here so dont want to end up doing something stupid.

A call I had this morning she said they were bringing out a new mag to cover this area called the midlands post...that will be in various places (asda, homebase, sainsburys etc etc) its a free mag, it would cost me £95 for a business card sized ad all artwork etc included and would go in the health and beauty section, or £65 for a smaller one in the classified section. Mag would run for 3 months and I dont pay until the end of november.

I'm always sceptical about cold callers!

I guess the question to ask is if you have enough business already, and if you think that the money spent on this would be likely to be recouped in terms of new business...
Posted via Mobile Device

I never buy anything I am cold called with anymore as I have found 95% of the time there a scam. If its that good wouldnt you have heard about it already.

Save your money and put it into affective and trusted methods of advertising.

Also register your phone number with the TPS (telephone preference service) which stops sales calls. If they do ring you they face huge fines! It saves having to answer 15 calls a day between clients to get sold everything from cheaper electricity to adverts on the Moon!

I know a friends boyfriend who runs a compnay selling bogus advertising space for a living and you should see what he has got money wise because of it. Please keep your money close and don't part with it unless you can prove what you are getting for it.

Kate

I never take any cold calling sales either, but if you are thinking about going with them remember that ad space is always over priced to begin with. Never pay the asking price and you'll be amazed how far down they will come.

Lol just had a call about the policemans magazine...............i'm sure that I read on here that is was a scam?????????????

Lol just had a call about the policemans magazine...............i'm sure that I read on here that is was a scam?????????????

Yep - major scam apparently! Actually cold calling is one way that is pretty much guaranteed NOT to get my business. As far as contacting businesses goes, I stand by the Hollywood Principle - "Don't call us, we'll call you". So if I need something doing, I'll look someone up, rather than being taken advantage of by a speculative advertising call...
Posted via Mobile Device

yes it is. and there is a fire brigade one also. i get called maybe once a month saying i agreed to pay x,y,z..:rolleyes:...

I find it really annoying when people tie up my business line with cold calls - especially if they dont ask if its a convienient time to talk and just launch into there spiel.
what is this TPS and where do i get number....:green:

Telephone preferance service I think it stands for. If you put it in google you should get their number. I say that I am a member when they call and they soon put the phone down as they are liable to get fined!!!!

Hi

this is the link and you can register online TPS Registration.

You can even include your moby.

Speaking of stupid sales call, I fell for one 6 years ago to advertise on a hospital map - which I did and it cost £450. Never ever got any calls from it and forgot all about it. Sold the business 4 years ago. I went to hospital with my mum the other day and low and behold there in front of me was my advert! :green:! £450 for 6 years of advertising - BARGAIN!!

Kate x

Speaking of stupid sales call, I fell for one 6 years ago to advertise on a hospital map - which I did and it cost £450. Never ever got any calls from it and forgot all about it. Sold the business 4 years ago. I went to hospital with my mum the other day and low and behold there in front of me was my advert! :green:! £450 for 6 years of advertising - BARGAIN!!

But that works out at an infinite amount of money per sales lead, as you got sweet Fanny Adams in terms of calls from it :green:

But that works out at an infinite amount of money per sales lead, as you got sweet Fanny Adams in terms of calls from it :green:

haha I dunno - not had the business for 4 years :green::green::green:

I know I could have used the money as toilet paper and got more out of it than that advert - oh well you live & learn lol! :lol:

Since then I heard of TPS and its so great not answering 20 sales calls a day!

Kate x

Latest posts

Back