Salon Dilema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
A year ago my friend and I opened our salon together. I do nails and beauty side of things and she does hairdressing.
She's just informed me one year into our 4 year lease that her hubby has been offered a job in Australia and they will probably accept.
We are only a small salon but we bounce off each other with clients (ie: one of her ladies might say oh can you just do my nails and vice versa).
We split all the costs 50:50. What do you think i should do ? We can't really break the lease so she is obliged for at least 2 yrs to pay her share of the rent. What if she just leaves the country and she's not paid her share ??? Do I try and rent a chair or two out to hairdressers or do i go it alone ?? If I rent a chair is a set rent per week the way to go or a % of their takings per wk ??
Anyone got any ideas ? Oh she owes nearly £600 for her part of the electric too and i'm worried she may just leave.
HELP

think you need to chat it over with her hun, and speak to a solicitor.

Debsidoo99 said:
A year ago my friend and I opened our salon together. I do nails and beauty side of things and she does hairdressing.
She's just informed me one year into our 4 year lease that her hubby has been offered a job in Australia and they will probably accept.
We are only a small salon but we bounce off each other with clients (ie: one of her ladies might say oh can you just do my nails and vice versa).
We split all the costs 50:50. What do you think i should do ? We can't really break the lease so she is obliged for at least 2 yrs to pay her share of the rent. What if she just leaves the country and she's not paid her share ??? Do I try and rent a chair or two out to hairdressers or do i go it alone ?? If I rent a chair is a set rent per week the way to go or a % of their takings per wk ??
Anyone got any ideas ? Oh she owes nearly £600 for her part of the electric too and i'm worried she may just leave.
HELP

Could you find someone to take over her share of the lease?

don't worry she can't just up and leave without paying her fair share, i take it everything has been drawn up in both your names??
she should be fiding this all out as she is the one that's leaving, have you spoken to her about it?

don't worry i'm sure it'll be fine xx

chill a bit...i am sure it was a shock...sit down..bottle of wine and talk it through with her ...ask what her intentions are...then take it from there.

You would get another hairdresser no problems i am sure.....just rent them the space in the salon...50% of the rent plus the bills too..... and keep your wages and their wages seperate...you will work just as well with someone else.

Best of luck but i think first port of call is to sort it with your 'partner ' first hun....get it all out in the open so you have a clear picture.

amb x

Latest posts

Back