Salon Owners: Need more clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebraSilver

Reaction score
My salon has been open for over 5 years now and I felt I was doing well… I have just recently joined The Beauty Group and yes it was from a cold call :mad: (and yes I thought it was a scam). Not only do they send me new clients on a weekly basis, they have actually saved me money on many suppliers. What more could an owner ask for?? :)

I just wanted to let all salon owners know that The Beauty Group are a great association to be a part of, they run all the promotions in top magazines then you benefit with new clients, who do return.

All salons need new clients, and so far this is the best method I have found (compared to all the other stuff i've tried). I've wasted so much money on local ads in the paper that I just thought it was time for something new and refreshing!

Let me know if you want any more details

Debs x

That sounds interesting Debs. Do they have a website?

Hi Kimmi

Their website is www.more-leads.co.uk but I spoke to a girl called Keely who was really helpful and sorted everything out for me. Her number is 0870 794 2077 ext 202.

Let me know what happens.

Debs x

Thanks doll. xx

Debra, please let me appologise in advance if I have got this all wrong. BUT.... I looked at your profile and it said that you only joined this site today. Now I probably have a very doubting and suspicious mind, but the first thought that came into my head was...... are you someone who works for that company and have come onto this site, and joined today, then said how great the company is, just to try to get some new clients. ????

If I am wrong then please forgive me. But it seems strange that you have only just joined and your first post is one advertising another company, and one that needs people who are 'client starved' to come on board.

If you are a genuine tech, then I appologise and say that I have a suspicious mind. No doubt others may be able to throw a bit of light on this situation.

Hi Val

I have only just joined as I have only just found the site (Im normally in the salon but now on maternity leave, so now have time to surf) and had some good news for fellow nail technicians. I too would be suspicious as we are constantly bombarded with sales people.

Now I am a user I plan to ask for advice myself and hopefully give some back to the industry.

Debs xx

Hi Debra

Thank you so much for your tip - yes please to more information - do you pay a holding fee with them?

Fi
DebraSilver said:
My salon has been open for over 5 years now and I felt I was doing well… I have just recently joined The Beauty Group and yes it was from a cold call :mad: (and yes I thought it was a scam). Not only do they send me new clients on a weekly basis, they have actually saved me money on many suppliers. What more could an owner ask for?? :)

I just wanted to let all salon owners know that The Beauty Group are a great association to be a part of, they run all the promotions in top magazines then you benefit with new clients, who do return.

All salons need new clients, and so far this is the best method I have found (compared to all the other stuff i've tried). I've wasted so much money on local ads in the paper that I just thought it was time for something new and refreshing!

Let me know if you want any more details

Debs x

Good tip Debs!

Ive two salons with 15 nail techs booked up much of the time, but am always looking for new clients.

Nothing annoys me more than tech's I have trained and spent money on further training courses only to find they're setting up on their own.
Doesn't happen too often, but Ive always found that clients will follow the nail tech regardless of how "looked after" the client is in the salon.
What you have told me is useful for creating and developing a client base for my new girls. Touch wood, I haven't needed a newbi in 18 months so far.
Guess my "new employee" stratergy is working"

Cheers bud!

OK, give us the juice you...........what's the 'new employee strategy'..have obviously missed something??????????????? Fiona

I shall being into that one Thank you Debs

Fi

I do not know what you mean by holding fee? I do pay a monthly subscription to be with them.

I hope thats the info you were after.

Frenchy

Id also like to know what the strategy is in keeping girls???

Debs xx

DebraSilver said:
Fi

I do not know what you mean by holding fee? I do pay a monthly subscription to be with them.

I hope thats the info you were after.

Frenchy

Id also like to know what the strategy is in keeping girls???

Debs xx
How much is the fee?

£20 a month, which is so much cheaper compared to when i was putting ads in local papers, they charged me £134 for a stamp size advert!

Have you tried any promotions Claire?

Debs xx

DebraSilver said:
£20 a month, which is so much cheaper compared to when i was putting ads in local papers, they charged me £134 for a stamp size advert!

Have you tried any promotions Claire?

Debs xx
This month it's treats on tuesday up to 50% off all nail treatments.
I am doing an offer for current clients too rec 4 friends for nails and they get an infill or gel toes free. only started that this week so v early days.

Claire

That sounds good, the recommending friend thing, please let me know how that goes.

I have stopped my in house promotions to see how these national ones go, the great thing is, I choose when they come in!

Debs x x

DebraSilver said:
Claire

That sounds good, the recommending friend thing, please let me know how that goes.

I have stopped my in house promotions to see how these national ones go, the great thing is, I choose when they come in!

Debs x x
I have got the girls in the hair salon where i rent my space in on the offer too, they will get the freebi if they get me 4 new clients. 1 has 3 new booked already for me for this week. 2 treat mani and 1 set of nails.
keep those fingers crossedXXX

They are crossed for you.

I have just got my first lot of clients from the beauty group, a list of 15!

Lets hope they all rebook. Keep them crossed for me too.

Debs x

Just wanted to let you know I had my first beauty group client in today and not only did she upgrade she has rebooked!

At least I know the girls are working hard while Im not there!

Debs xx

Does this company only deal with beauty or nails as well Debra?

They deal with nails and beauty.

Debra x

Latest posts

Back