Salon Owners & Uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychic

Reaction score
Hi guys....Just was curios to know if you are a salon owner....do you wear the uniform/same dress code as your staff??

I'm a salon owner and wear a uniform, on the rare occassions we have boiling hot days i have some lovely plain tee's with the salon name on them and i also have black st tropez tee's aswell, But i always expect my staff to be in uniform aswell, i think it looks very smart and proffessional. No Jeans, Smart shoes or flip flops i don't mind as long as there not scruffy.

No I dont!!! It's my perogative as salon owner to dress as I please. The rules are for my employees.

If the salon owner is doing treatments then yes she should be in uniform,
if she is just there to meet and greet then i think a suit or similar would be appropriate,
im a salon owner and i wear a uniform every day,
when i am teaching i wear a uniform too.

For me yes, I would and do wear the same as the other therapists in the salon. I don't see why I should separate myself from the others and say "hey, look at me, I am the owner" - a little narcisistic for me.

Maybe I should clarify, I don't work as a beauty therapist or nail tech. Hence I dont wear a beauty uniform. Nothing to do with "narcissic". A non therapist flouncing around in a beauty uniform would look a bit of a wannabee.

If the salon owner is doing treatments then yes she should be in uniform,
if she is just there to meet and greet then i think a suit or similar would be appropriate,
im a salon owner and i wear a uniform every day,
when i am teaching i wear a uniform too.
I agree with loubylou. If you don't do anytreatments I would wear a suit or similar to look professional. Maybe even a name tag with position would help.

I wear a uniform. I think it looks more professional. :)

myself and my business partner wear pink dresses. our part time assistant (who is my daughter ) wears a white beauty uniform.

we love our dresses and wouldnt wear anything else for spring or summer but winter, we may consider wearing a uniform or black wrap dresses.

tigi

Maybe I should clarify, I don't work as a beauty therapist or nail tech. Hence I dont wear a beauty uniform. Nothing to do with "narcissic". A non therapist flouncing around in a beauty uniform would look a bit of a wannabee.

Originally Posted by persianista: No I dont!!! It's my perogative as salon owner to dress as I please. The rules are for my employees.

It says a uniform or similar. How arrogant. "Fail"

Su x

Latest posts

Back