Salon software.............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
Hello! Was just wondering if anyone could help re salon software,the only one that I can find that has everything I could poss want is Salon Genious, however its erm..rather expensive! Has anyone come across anything the same or similar that doesnt have such a hefty price tag?xxx

I'm working on some web-based salon software at the moment, which will hopefully be ready for release at some stage in the Autumn. It will offer the standard stuff like appointment booking, client database, client appointment histories, etc, as well as email and SMS appointment reminders, client consultation forms, easy selling of products, etc. I'm also planning an off-line application too, so that it will be possible to carry on working off-line, e.g. if there is a problem with the internet connection or whatever.

Hi Ruth!Ooooh sounds good!Will it have a function to be able to do the daily banking on? I thought Id found the perfect system awhile back, but it lacked the ability to do this x

Hi hun I've just signed up to Appointment-Diary.com - Online Appointment Diary and Scheduling Software and so far so good! I'm not sure what you mean about the banking question but I'm sure if you e-mail them they will answer your question, Ruth gave me a couple of questions to ask that i had no idea what she meant but they came back with the right answer according to Ruth.

Feel feel to check my website out Home - Beauty & Nails By Natalie, they done that for free and I pay £10 a month for the booking system! Worth a shot!

x

Hi hun I've just signed up to Appointment-Diary.com - Online Appointment Diary and Scheduling Software and so far so good! I'm not sure what you mean about the banking question but I'm sure if you e-mail them they will answer your question, Ruth gave me a couple of questions to ask that i had no idea what she meant but they came back with the right answer according to Ruth.

Feel feel to check my website out Home - Beauty & Nails By Natalie, they done that for free and I pay £10 a month for the booking system! Worth a shot!

x

Aye, that is a similar system to mine by the sound of it; they've certainly thrown down the gauntlet in terms of pricing too!

Hi. I work for Studio Tracker. We're a salon software management company and our software has many features such as appointment reminders, stock reporting, appointment calender, marketing features, free updates and support. I'm not sure now much Salon Genius charge, but our prices are competitive and we offer a leasing option to spread the payments. If you'd like a free trial let me know.

Lauren

x

i signed up for that and its not that great.. im glad i didnt do the £10.00 a month one. i just did the free one and see how it goes.

the website looks nice though.

i signed up for that and its not that great.. im glad i didnt do the £10.00 a month one. i just did the free one and see how it goes.

the website looks nice though.

Oh? What didn't you like about it in particular?
Posted via Mobile Device

well it was mentioned all over the place so i thought id check it out...

when someone books it just send you a general email very limited info.
e.g just pedicure at 12.00pm.
its the same email it send to them.
it doesnt have the contact number of the person booked.
which to me it should because how can you confirm it the day before etc. ?
telephone number is very important. i had to write it on my webpage to ask them to just add it but i think it should be part of the booking system.

and in general its very basic.

anyway people arent using it they are calling. but i wouldnt keep it for long tbh..

well it was mentioned all over the place so i thought id check it out...

From what I saw, most of the posts about that site were by the same person (not Natalie's Nails incidentally), even though they were spread across all sorts of different threads on here.

And Natalie's site looks as though it was created using the 1and1 site builder, which is a template-based web design system that you can get if you have a web site with 1and1, www.1and1.co.uk
Posted via Mobile Device

ok i thought they did the website too ..it does look ok though.. it says powered by them at the bottom.. :confused: unless powered by them means someting different not sure about this techy stuff.

i know 1and1.co.uk and i was looking sites with them ages ago.
its just looks and is very basic or maybe im too fussy im not sure.

I do think its ok for a new business or to see if people would book online and then upgrade to a different one. i just want to see if peole will actually book online really.

Dont mean to sound horrible about it as its someones system and its 'rubbish' at all its just not for me.

Last edited:
ok i thought they did the website too ..it does look ok though.. it says powered by them at the bottom.. :confused: unless powered by them means someting different not sure about this techy stuff.

i know 1and1.co.uk and i was looking sites with them ages ago.

its just looks and is very basic or maybe im too fussy im not sure.

but its ok for a new business or to see if people would book online and then upgrade to a different one. i just want to see if peole will actually book online really.

dont like to be negative about someones system but thats my honest opinion.

It also depends on what your looking for as everyones requirements are different.

Aye, am pretty sure it said something about 1and1 site builder on there too as well as it being powered by that appointment system - maybe they changed it to take the 1and1 link out?

It does seem a very low price for online appointment booking though, so I guess it would be unrealistic to expect the moon on a stick for that sort of money! As they will have overheads like paying for servers and hosting and whatnot, and still need to turn a profit at the end of the day!
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually no, it was in the HTML source code where it mentioned the 1and1 site builder. Only techies like me would think to look there, by doing a "view source"...
Posted via Mobile Device

Aye, am pretty sure it said something about 1and1 site builder on there too as well as it being powered by that appointment system - maybe they changed it to take the 1and1 link out?

It does seem a very low price for online appointment booking though, so I guess it would be unrealistic to expect the moon on a stick for that sort of money! As they will have overheads like paying for servers and hosting and whatnot, and still need to turn a profit at the end of the day!
Posted via Mobile Device

moon on a stick.. :eek:

I suppose thats why its quite cheap.

at least if it let the person put contact details and had it in the email it sends you would be alot better.
as i defintely need that for bookings

never mind. your system has everything in one.
the offline mode is very handy. i think if i was to have one the salon id look for one that can work offline.

Ha ha, a lot of what I want mine to achieve isn't written yet! It all takes time! I just said what I'd like it to do (and am planning for it to do) lol...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha ha, a lot of what I want mine to achieve isn't written yet! It all takes time! I just said what I'd like it to do (and am planning for it to do) lol...
Posted via Mobile Device

lol.. ok well it sounds good.
its obviously not easy to do..... i get confused just reading things that sound too techy :eek:

Hey Ruth & Leonnib I feel bad now, it's probably me not being clear and non teccy unlike you guys?

My site is with a company called 1and1 who the diary people told me to get my web address with, this way I got a free web page I can update myself, the diary people then said to just send my wording and they would get me up and running which I don't think I could have ever done alone. All I have to do now is make changes.

Leonnib I think the site is really simple to use and thats coming from a non teccy, is that what you mean by "basic" as I don't think I could handle much much more than it offers? Yeah I would love an online shop but one step at a time for me!! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your program, Ruth.
Do keep us posted :green:

Hey Ruth & Leonnib I feel bad now, it's probably me not being clear and non teccy unlike you guys?

My site is with a company called 1and1 who the diary people told me to get my web address with, this way I got a free web page I can update myself, the diary people then said to just send my wording and they would get me up and running which I don't think I could have ever done alone. All I have to do now is make changes.

Leonnib I think the site is really simple to use and thats coming from a non teccy, is that what you mean by "basic" as I don't think I could handle much much more than it offers? Yeah I would love an online shop but one step at a time for me!! :lol:

Hey Natalie, don't feel bad at all! The 1and1 site builder system is cool if you want a straightforward site that you can update yourself. And I think that 1and1's pricing is fairly reasonable too from what I have seen.

I haven't signed up for the appointment diary site myself, so can't really comment on what it does or doesn't do. But from what I've seen of it so far, it looks as though it's written in Java, which is always a good start. In fact I'd place a fair bet it's making use of some open source software called Struts 1 for handling web requests etc (as the file extension of pages is .do which is the default page extension for Struts 1 actions). Struts 1 being a mature and highly regarded framework for designing web applications in Java. Obviously I've got no idea of what the code does behind the scenes or what database it uses, as I haven't seen the source code!
Posted via Mobile Device

can i just say that i actually never said anything about your site except it was nice :lol:if you read my posts.
i DID say that i was talking about the booking system which i have on my site also.

the appointment diary system and the website are seperate.
and you can just sign up and link it yourself as i did.

and i also said the system (not the website and i didnt say website) was fine overall but more suited to someone just starting out and trying a booking system for the first time.

i dont have an online shop either or a fancy website as im just starting out. and im not at all techy which i also said in my posts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back