Salon System lash lift & tint, not impressed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my own too the other day. You just do one eye at the time.

Girls, can I ask how much u charge pls? Do u always inc a tiny as part of the treatment.

Doing my course this thurs :)

Have been using the salon system
Lift with the lift pads medium and large and not the rods. Think I'm being a bit stupid but I want a lift more than a curl. If the client has long lashes would the large give more lift less curl than the medium? Which is the best size for me to use for less curl and more look of a straight-ish lift? Want more of a natural J curl look than a B/C curl?
Someone-anyone??? Help ASAP ;-) advice please
Thanks

I havent done eyelash lifting since college 6 years ago and didnt realise people still did it. At college we were told by our tutor that it is a very old fashioned treatment and that most places do not offer this service anymore. Do you find it popular with clients i would love to get the kit but as im setting up a room at the minute its another cost that i hadnt thought about. So if it is popular then i shall invest. :lol:

Lash lift and tint is one of my most popular treatments, people love the results. I charge £25 for lift and £30 for lift and tint. I also use a dental probe instead if the lvl eye tool and it works great.

A good tip to help get the lashes to stick is to use micropore tape.

Not sure if I can explain properly but I'll try....

Once you've got as many lashes stuck to the the sheild as possible and have applied the product, take a piece of micropore tape and catch all the remaining lashes, then stick onto the sheild. Cover with cling film (and I put a folded facecloth on top too)

This ensures that even the shortest lashes are stuck and in contact with the products. I do this for both stages.

The most important thing is to get the products right into the base of the lashes as this is where the lift needs to be

I have one of these dental tools that I got with my crybaby kit but I find the little micro brushes are good too

Last edited:
Glad I came across this thead, have only recently started doing lash lifts.

Does everyone use shields for the bottom lashes as I havent used them yet? If so where do you get them from?

I always use film to keep the lashes in place. I think the SS lift works well BUT the glue is pretty rubbish!

Which Dental tool from ebay are you on about??? Do we have a link?

What do you find yourself doing for the 15 minutes the lotions are on?!!

I use I-appeal, so far on only a few clients, its been a bit of a slow burner for me, think i need to push it a bit more with clients as it is a good treatment, the only bad thing is the glue. It can sometimes take a long time to get the lashes to stick. Even when i went for my traning it almost took the trainer about 30mins to get them to stick, she even opened a new glue and said it was just beacuse it was a new kit and the glue gets better when its tacky, have to admit its not got any better! The glue is a right pain!!!:(

I use I-appeal, so far on only a few clients, its been a bit of a slow burner for me, think i need to push it a bit more with clients as it is a good treatment, the only bad thing is the glue. It can sometimes take a long time to get the lashes to stick. Even when i went for my traning it almost took the trainer about 30mins to get them to stick, she even opened a new glue and said it was just beacuse it was a new kit and the glue gets better when its tacky, have to admit its not got any better! The glue is a right pain!!!:(

Oh god, please don't say that!! I bought the I=Appeal system because I thought the Salon System Lash Lift glue was so crap! :eek:
Been trying to push it though my Facebook page, but had no definite bookings for it.

I do a hand and arm massage while the various lotions are on. Or if they're having another treatment eg. shellac, I start the prep on that.

i sware by this treatment and have lots of interest.
before and after pics say it all!!

ellie bee - i dont really know what you mean lol but i do struggle with short lashes that pop off during treatment so i gota glue again! so annoying! id love to be able to get them all up!

I want to know how to do all tint the bottom lashes?? or dont you?? i tried a few times unsucessfully so gave up. I dont mind the glue to be honest. My 1st batch of glue was great, 2nd a bit slow and annoying.

Do you use any kind of shields for the bottom lashes?

i sware by this treatment and have lots of interest.
before and after pics say it all!!

ellie bee - i dont really know what you mean lol but i do struggle with short lashes that pop off during treatment so i gota glue again! so annoying! id love to be able to get them all up!

I want to know how to do all tint the bottom lashes?? or dont you?? i tried a few times unsucessfully so gave up. I dont mind the glue to be honest. My 1st batch of glue was great, 2nd a bit slow and annoying.

I always tint the lashes after and do the bottom ones with the eyes open but I do know therapists that d it with them closed... I find it easier to get right to the root when they are open.

Can anyone advide me on the shields front?

Just bumping this to see anout the shields also :) i have done lots of eyelash perms in the past but have decided on ss lash lift kit this time round ( just starting up again after a break with the kiddies) i did a treatment the other day and was fairly happy with the results but like the op wonder which shield was best for what length of lash for j curl. Presuming medium for shorter lashes and large for longer lashes ( thus preventing them from curling to much and touching the eyelids!)

Just to add i did the treatment on one of my own eyes and got hardly any lift but didnt put film on my own eyes
i think using the film is a must it helps development ( just incase anyone is struggling with lift and has been doing it without film) X

Latest posts

Back