salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
i have just had a call from a hairdresser asking me if i want to rent space in his salon for nails
i dont have a manicure certificate but have passed a gel course from essential nails
will i be ok to do this?

i think you would be okay to do this, providing you have insurance etc... but the main thing is are you confident in doing nails?
why not get on a course for manicure? it might help your confidence also you will be asked to do manicures quite often....
im sure some of the more educated geeks on here could tell you exactly what you need to do....not much help am i lol sorry
kat x

Why dont you ring essential & ask them as you sound unsure if you are 'really qualified' in loads of your posts - it says on the essential Nails Website that once you have qualified you can obtain insurance as it is a recognised course & start work & im sure they couldnt say this if it wasnt true!!? Also if you are confident & feel that your work is really good & clients will pay for it, then im sure you will be fine - good luck, shelley xx

yeah EN have doubley told me i am qualified in gel nails i guess im just a bit nervous once i have my first client i suppose ill be ok

julia_james said:
i have just had a call from a hairdresser asking me if i want to rent space in his salon for nails
i dont have a manicure certificate but have passed a gel course from essential nails
will i be ok to do this?
Hi babe ,
are you happy with your nails? Can you do them in a reasonable salon time? Are you confidant doing your rebalances, this will be your bread and butter money......
Will you be offering Naural Nail care ? Not all ladies want the enhancement service ?
Doing a manicure coures will add the extra service to you menu...
Good luck x

Which hairdresser is it ? Is it local to you????

julia_james said:
yeah EN have doubley told me i am qualified in gel nails i guess im just a bit nervous once i have my first client i suppose ill be ok

Just to clear it up before you get confused hun, if you are trained by a company then you are a trained technician. If you do your NVQ, VTCT, City & Guilds, then you are a qualified technician.

I know it doent really matter but things made more sense to me when someone cleared that up for me! best of luck with the salon job x x

Dont mean to sound thick but what is the diffrence between trained and qualified ????????

Latest posts

Back