SalonGeek Super Science Weekend... are you up for it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The SalonGeek Super Science Weekend, are you up for it?

• Most definitely, knowledge is power

Votes: 80 98.8%
  • No, it doesn't interest me

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Not really bothered one way or the other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Having been thrown in at the deep end by my Geeky mate Izzidoll I thought I'd do this thread with a poll to see what sort of feedback you guys have got for a SalonGeek Science Weekend.

Have a read of this thread for it to make a bit more sense... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/18732-give-science-chance.html

Basically there is science behind our products, our application methods and the results we achieve...
BUT... are we all aware of what happens with our products (scientifically), what they do, how they work, what happens if they don't work, how to overcome problems etc etc???

The SalonGeek Super Science Weekend is an opportunity for both the nail geeks and the skin geeks to help, advise and learn from each other PLUS there will be experts on hand to guide us all along and help out (once I've twisted the arms of a few lol)

A date is yet to be decided but I've done a poll to see if it would be a popular event.
Huge thanks to Tiger Jay for her idea (read all about it on the link I posted up there :up: )

Count me in:hug:

awwww do we have to...you lot have an unfair advantage and i will look pants..........:o

yeah it'll be fun...and you never know, i might learn something !!!:lol:

Love it...Thanks Sandi.....but seriously we are gonna need Geeg!!!

Love that I get the blame and Tiger Jay gets the credit....seems about right!!!

Count me in as well :green:

I am up for that as long as we dont have to pass a test LOL to stay here. Hey maybe that would be a good idea LOL - nah we might all get booted off.

I'm definitely up for it, and just to get the ball rolling I am offering to be CHIEF DUNCE where I will ask questions that maybe others are too afraid to ask themselves.

So no excuses. I don't mind putting my bottom on the line and maybe even getting a few fingers wagged at me, if it means it helps everyone (including myself).:)

Love it...Thanks Sandi.....but seriously we are gonna need Geeg!!!

:hug: you know we love you and if it hadn't have been for your thread in the first place then Jules wouldn't have had the idea :D
We will definitely need Geeg and a few other knowledgeable nail peeps for the Nail Geek threads.

It would be fab if we could have some names from knowledgeable Skin Geeks and/or volunteers to help out with the beauty side of it all... drop me a pm or a pager message please :wink2:

Me too...I'd love if it was on a Tuesday so I could get really involved!

Like I said I'm prepared to get my botty kicked for the CHIEF DUNCE questions!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll get your comeuppance!

Count me in too, can't wait

Count me in.I won't be too much help on the nail side of things but hopefully will be able to help out with the beauty and what i dont know or can't remember i can find out from my extensive book collection.

It will be very interesting.. I will try and add some scientific info of my own ... well hopefully lol!

Looking forward to it :)

How did I miss thisthread Fab idea Oh I am coming over all boffin like .........Lets do it

Any info I have I will be glad to share!! I may need reminding of the time since you all are way ahead of me!!!

I'm in, probably best just make the tea though and take coats:o

Definitely, this is my thing. My eldest son's a budding scientist & is really keen to find out the hidden science behind everything, so the chemistry behind nails is a hot topic in our house. As I do Guinot's Hydradermie, physics also gets a look in, I like to know how Galvanic, faradic and high frequency currents affect the skin.

great idea, its great to know the science behind what you are doing it really does help you understand any problems you encounter if you know the reasoning behind it

Fab idea - I'm in!! I will try and contribute, test my beliefs and definately learn things! I'm another one not afraid to look daft, and I love to know that I'm telling the truth about what I do......

Yay!!! Fab idea. I can't wait. I think the science is every bit as important as the practical. My skills improved enormously since I've taken an interest in the science.

Latest posts

Back